Depression is making my relationship hard

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently (2 weeks ago) started taking anti depressants. I was becoming very anxious about my relationship because it seemed like my feelings just kind of went away one day. My partner has done nothing wrong, she has been wonderful. I just feel so disconnected and I have a hard time because I feel like I am faking it. I keep questioning whether or not I ever loved her, which is crazy because I was so sure about it just a month ago! The anxiety is getting better, but will I ever feel close to her again? Has anyone had this happen before? I feel hopeless, I want to feel in love again! 

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your just got yourself at the moment and depression and anxiety numbs your feelings and I feel locked within yourself
    • Posted

You feel like your faking it, and questioning whether you loved her but if you see what you've just said about not wanting to loose her? That answers it for you cause you do love her and your not faking it depression and anxiety make us feel this way sometimes don't think into it and give your medication time to work, I always questioned the love i had for my ex and I caused so many arguments with him over it because I was confused and now I've lost him but now I know I did love him but things happen for a reason I wouldn't go back now though just try not to think into it, you'll soon figure it all out take care x
    • Posted

Cause it can and will. Iv postnstal depression and at times it felt I didn't love my baby which is awful because I do more then anything and it's the awful illness that numbs us but it's NOT real it's NOT true
  • Posted

Thank you for the encouragement, I am seeing her in just a few minutes. I am anxious, not as bad as I usually am, but I know I'll feel better later tonight when I am snuggled up on the couch with her. That seems to be my pattern.
  • Posted

If you've only just started on the anti depressants then it will take a while for them to get into your body and be working properly, also the fact you've put a new substance into your body will mean that your own hormones and chemicals will take a while to settle.

Take this as an opportunity to almost start again, go on dates, get to know her all over again, you'll find why you fell for her in the first place.

I think the key to this will be, being as honest with her as you're trying to be with yourself

Hope this helps xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.