Depression is really getting on top of my day to day life.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, apologies in advance for my poor grammar and punctuation.

i am just posting on here as everything is getting so much for me at certain times in the day.

i have been on various anti-depressants which hasn't seem to take the edge off things if i am honest, they might be helping a little tho, would hope for a little bit of help from the tablets.

doesn't help my depression the fact i am in a bit of a mess with my money at the minute, and very lonely, got nobody who gives a interest in me, which i have been lonely like this for a year or 2 now.

perhaps this is the major reason to myself being so depressed each day..

i could go on here with my symptoms etc, but i don't want to bore people who reads this who is presumably looking for some sort of support as myself.

anyone who is having to deal with any sort of mental problems 'please keep strong' ' you can do this'

Ben 😃

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have been living a with this mental illness for past 4 years I have lost my partner of 20 years and everything I have only got one best mate who has said I can go and stay with him and try and start living a gain but the trouble is my mind is in the past all the time and I can't cope with the present. It's like I can't live without my past but at the same time I still want to live but I am going crazy can't handle it much more. I hope you get through it wish you all the best.

Nige

• Posted

HI I TOO SUFFER WITH DEPRESSION HAVE DONE SO MOST OF MY LIFE AND LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN ON TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION LOTS OF DIFFERENT MEDS BUT MY DEPRESSION WAS EXASUBATED BY MY HUSBAND WHO TOOK HIS OWN LIFE BY HANGING I CAME HOME FROM WORK TO FIND HIM AND HE WAS STILL ALIVE BUT ALAS THEY TRIED TO SAVE HIM SO PTSD IS NOW PART OF MY LIFE AS WELL AND ONE OF MY SONS IS A HEROIN ADDICT AND MY OTHER SONS GIRLFRIEND IS A ALCOHOLIC I HAVE FOUR GRANDSONS AND THEY ARE THE REASON TODAY THAT I AM STILL HERE IM SIGNED OFF WORK AT THE MO COS I WORK WHERE MY HUSBAND DI D AS WELL AND IM NOW FINDING AFTER FOUR YEARS THAT I CANT COPE ANY MORE IVE BEEN STRONG FOR THIS LONG BUT ITS TAKEN ITS TOLL AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE AM HOPING THAT SOME SORT OF BENEFIT IS GOING TO HELP ME OUT IM 60 BY THE WAY AND MY EXISTANCE IS ALSO A VERY LONELY ONE

• Posted

Hello Susan,

Sorry to hear what your going through.

i would love to give you some direction for going forward to get yourself out of this depressing time. Have you done any CBT a tall?

where abouts you from?? be lovely to speak more about thing over here or on telephone conversation perhaps.

it sounds like what your going through in comparison to myself is a lot worser, but so nice to hear i am not the only one who is feeling this way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.