Depression is taking hold

Posted , 8 users are following.

Where do I start I have suffered with anxiety and depression for a while now and have only just recently admitted it and got help in the form of medication something I didn't want to do but it is helping a little, past couple of weeks has got quite bad again money problems are causing my 8 year relationship to crumble as my partner is the only worker in the relationship and not doing to well as hes a sales rep and and its commission only, it dosnt help he has anger problems and when hes in a mood he takes it out on me and any little thing bugs him, i get called all names under the sun alot of the time its f***ing slag , ugly dike ect and 9x out of 10 i dont get an apology its just like it never happed the one good thing i can say is he has never layed a hand on me but it still affects me alot and these things send me deeper in to depression i dont leave the house on my own i dont have any friends i dont have a life apart from my animals (snake,lizard,cat,dog,fish) and tbh i think there the things that are keeping me going i have always said i prefer animals to humans as they dont judge so they make me feel safe, sorry for my rant but i had to get it out also i have never written anything like this before thanks for taking the time to read

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Naomi I know how you feel about depression taking hold I have just found it’s got me big time for some different reasons to yourself 

I’m happy to talk anytime just comeback back on here myself after a while away 

Sounds if you don’t mind me saying that the relationship your in is a abusive one where it is still domestic abuse it’s often said can be worse when verbal as scars don’t heal as always in mind longer 

Calling you and saying all those terrible and nasty things to you is classic domestic abuse and in a loving relationship where there is respect for both partners it should never be that your being called all those disgusting and belittling insults often sadly some abusive partner take adbabantage of your vulnerability and then can start to progress from there to physical violence as well 

How long has all the verbal abuse and gas lighting blowing hot and cold they call it with abusers where there hide one minute and nasty the next all done to control your mind and emotions 

I’m happy to talk but a healthy looking relationship that should not be happening 

And can’t also help your  anxiety and depression at all sadly have you got  any friends or family or has he isolated you from them ?

Have you talked to anyone doctor or family or many support services available imclding here 

Hope you will be okay I’m happy to. Talk anytime 😊

• Posted

Thanks for the reply its nice to hear people will take the time to try and help a stranger even if its just a message as i dont have any friends i can speek to my emotions and feeling get hidden deep inside my partner can be emotionally abusive even if he dosnt see it that way but he is also the most generous caring person he took time of work when i got quit bad and took care of me but now work has got very stressfull for him and we are having money problems and i feel useless because i dont bring any money in to help
  • Posted

I’ve been in a physical and an emotional abusive relationship so trust me I know how you feel . I’ve got a 13 year old son 💜 dog 🐾 and a snake 🐍 . I do a part time voluntary job in a charity shop that really helps as the ladies there are like my own support group . Are you taking any meds ? 

• Posted

I am on sertaline 50mg and propranolol, my animals are my life what bread is you dog and what snake have you got?
  • Posted

I agree with Robin. You need support from your partner not abuse and what you are describing is abuse. Is this the source of your depression?
    • Posted

No i believe its my anxiety that has caused my deppression i have had a few bad things happen in the past but have never been one to show how im feeling or talk about it, it has recently come to a head because my anxiety became more than just mental i started to get physical symptoms the worst is my breathing feeling as if i always need to take a deep breath and cant thats when i had to try and do somthing about it, i am on sertaline also propranolol it is starting to help a little better and i do understand my partner can be verbally abusive and i do tell him he needs anger management im not scared of him he just upsets me when he calls me horribal things he is the love of my life and coming up to 8 years so its not somthing i just want to throw away because he is a nice person and everyone he meets love him he just has a side to him sometime thats not that nice
  • Posted

Well no wonder you have anxiety and depression with a partner who is so verbally abusive.  You need to work on getting out of this relationship as a priority.  Or call him lots of names back!  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.