Depression made worse by breakup

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I'm 24 years old and recently split up with my girlfriend who I have been with for 4 years I've been suffering with slight depression and anxiety for a year now things had been going quite bad lost my job family moved away stop seeing my mates so all I had was her she meant the world to me but lately she's decided she wants more of a life with her mates instead of being with me which is unfair considering I lost most of my mates s because of her it's only been two days and they've been the worse two of my life I feel like there's nothing out there for me I dont wanna work watch tv or anythink I've barely eaten and ive bin drinkin both days since it happened its the only thing that makes me happy I have no one too see or talk to I really feel like this it for me

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Not really she would go out a couple times a week with her mates but never on a proper night out cuz she knew I didnt like it even though I never said she couldnt
    • Posted

I guess the next obvious question is why didnt you like it ? It a concern you have lost friends because of her
    • Posted

I've always been insecure with relationships and more of lost contact with my friends went seperatev ways because of girlfriends and now I'm the only one without one which I think makes me feel worse again
    • Posted

As they always say there is always someone out there for everyone. My ex told me he had fallen out of love with me but he really had met someone else and we were together 7 years. Dont put life on hold get out there and meet other people contact your friends and see what they are upto. Going back with someone after they split with you isn't the same you will feel even more Ii secure been there done it.
    • Posted

I know what u mean but I feel like there's noone else I want to be with she's it and her sayin she wants to be friend and see me a couple of times a week just makes my head more of a mess really does confuse me what's goin on in her head
    • Posted

I know how you feel I was the same with my ex but please luke don't put your life on hold for someone who just wants to be friends being friends with someone you have feeling for doesnt always work and you will be sitting in the house wondering what she is up to and make yourself even more depressed.  I've lost all my friends too up due to a relationship and with someone who I thought loved me.  I'm guessing your working or go to college?  Does you work/college not have night outs? Sometimes talking to people helps you get through it. Honestly text your friends and see how they are? Asked them to meet you for a beer? 
    • Posted

I only have a part time job atm which I can hardly face as for my mates don't really have any left the only ones I know are tied down with girlfriends and kids I am going out for a beer later which I hope will help with an old family friend but it jus seems like everyone I know is in a relationship and I'm now on my own jus really keep hoping my ex is gunna come to her senses
    • Posted

Your friends should still spend time with you even though they have girlfriends. I know it's hard just now but honestly it does get better and easier. Try going to the gym not sure if you are into sport or have hobbies to keep your mind of it. Don't get your hopes up Luke honestly got out for a beer with your friend and enjoy yourself
    • Posted

I have a fear of being on my own too so I know how you feel
    • Posted

I know they should but there actuall not allowed they do have kids aswell it is sad and I do go workout most days at home which keeps my mind clear and I donhate being alone I know that is the reason I'm so bad that I have no on to see or talk to really I have to keep my hopes it keeps me going for now
    • Posted

She is messing with your head, I think she want you and someone else. Thats what it sounds like from what I am hearing. Never go back unless your 100% sure this wont happen again. Your are both young and dare I say possible typical young people want to meet people before settling down.
    • Posted

Jimmy right she is messing with your head luke don't let her do that to you.
    • Posted

This is a very irresponsible and insensitive response. There is absolutely nothing to suggest she wants someone else. Luke, she clearly cares about you still but it IS unfair for her to say she needs to see how she feels. Regardless of that, she sounds like she's there for you. Please don't wait until after Monday to see a doctor x
    • Posted

Holly_t it is a possibility and is not irresponsible if you want to give Luke the alternative thats fine. If you want to give the sensitive answer as she cares for him and deal with the issue of false hope which is worse then go for it. Neither answer is wrong and only Luke himself can gauge whats going on. Holly have you ever had expereince of being in this situation where you dump someone and then get back with them. Di you explain or did your partner ever explain what had chnaged so it never came back to bite again? yes if you can solve the problem that made it happen there a chance but as the really reason has not come out, please dont tell me I am irresponsible or insenisitive. I gave my opnion you gave yours let Luke who has the facts decide what is best for him and more to the point what ever he does let him decide how to stop it happening in the future.
  • Posted

I don't know what  to say for everythimg I've been out tonite and it jus doesn't help I've had a few people who are trying to help and everyone here is as well truth is I want to believe what holly says because I know my ex and she's not a bad person I want to believe that my ex possibly needs time and she must care about me If she still wants too see me right?  My heads all over the place she's promised there is no one else and like I said she's always been honest but jimmy is right she is messin with my head but what can i do all I want is her and I have to hold on to that hope that she will miss me and want me back I do thank you all for your help and I hope my situation is solved soon cuz I'm struggling a lot right now
    • Posted

Luke your best placed at the end of the day, you have had both sides of the possible story. You know your ex better than anyone here. The key now is to stick with your decision and not to be convinced to change unless some significant information comes your way. Whilst you know my thought I do hope all goes well Luke and either way it pans out you got a group of people here for you
    • Posted

My problem is I just can't take the wait this morning I've woke up basically in tears again I just can't take life til it's back to normal this is the worst I've ever felt
    • Posted

Luke its not going to be for ever. The disciplined and thought out process will allways win of something thats rushed and not thought out. If you need to curtial the time maybe suggest chating with her this week maybe thursday to organise the next steps so you can both sort out the mess your both in. If Holly is right things may turn out for the best, but its unfair to keep you hanging on, you need to know whether to redirect your life or not 
    • Posted

I'd like to know what I can do but all I get from her is friendliness and then the hint that if she misses me after are space apart will be back together since valentines Is coming up I keep getting this p thought of surprising her with something special not sure what yet but will that be weird ? I wanna win her back somehow and I know buyin her things ain't the answer but will something like this help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.