Depression or what?

Posted , 5 users are following.

From last month I'm suffering from anxiety .

I used to be concerned about my health a lot always keep on checking about my symptoms .

Now suddenly I don't care anymore not afraid of death I feel like I don't care let it come , I always have weird heart pain/fear feeling and feel so confused what exactly I want , I wanna live or no ? Sometimes I get scared because of ugly symptoms , I start crying for no reason and can't stop .

Sometimes I don't even wanna get normal I don't see myself being normal I really don't care I feel okay being In this situation some times I don't know what to do this is irritating ..

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

sounds like you have depression with anxiety there, you could try Kalms to see if they help the anxiety. if not a trip to see your gp and explain how you feel.

take care

• Posted

I have weird stomach tightness and ache .

My heart seems like squeezed and tight as if it's going to close with stuffed chest.

• Posted

i would go and see your gp, meanwhile give the kalms a try they help me.
  • Posted

Ok well i actually feel the exact same way as you do. Ive hadnschizoaffective for 16 years undiagnosed but i always felt like i was just normal. So now i realized that i like MY normal and everyone else can just go away. Ive never learned how to feel any differently so im guessing God made me this way for a reason. Dont know how to stop your crying because i never cry anymore
  • Posted

Hi Maria,

I work in Mental Health and wondered if I could be of help to you. It does sound like you're suffering from symptoms of depression and anxiety, but this is something that can be treated with the correct help.

I really would recommend going to see your GP. I know it can be daunting to tell someone these thoughts you are having, but you would be surprised by the amount of people they see with similar situations to yours.

They might prescribe an anti depressant. Unfortunately, these may make you feel a little worse at first, but after a few weeks, your symptoms should improve. They may also offer a therapy called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This involves retraining your thought patterns and has been helpful for a lot of people with depression and anxiety.

With regards to wanting to harm yourself, do you have any family members you can speak to? Or a close friend? Again this can be a very hard thing to speak to someone about, but there are a lot of helplines out there. If you are under 18 and in the UK you can contact Childline who offer free support from qualified councillors. On the other hand for adults there is a group called Samaritans.

In order to calm yourself and decrease anxiety, I recommend something called mindfulness. If you Google it on YouTube, you will find some videos. It involves using calming techniques to clear your mind. I thought it was a load of waffle until I tried it myself!

I know this is a really hard time for you. I suffered with depression for years, but I thought; enough is enough and sought help. I was only 18 at the time and it was the best thing I did.

I hope this helps you a little and gives you a good idea of what you can do.

• Posted

Thanks a lot smile

Yes I have very supportive family , they helped me coming out of this I guess depression is over but having little bit of anxiety .

I'm having weird lump in my neck like I can't feel in inside but outside .

• Posted

The not fearing of death and contemplating life does suggest you might still have depression, but if you feel a little better that's good. With regards to the lump in your neck I'm clueless, but the doctor should know. smile

• Posted

Sorry to but into your conversation -i really could use some advice please could you message me thank you 
    • Posted

Could you give me some advise please - before i go on thankyou for repling so quickly -

I having been on anti-depressents for 17 years - not sure why but all of a sudden i started getting terrible headaches since January of this year - I was told to stop citalapram straight away that casued me no end of problem after 50 days of nearly going totally mad -i was sent ot recovery house to get some help -they they decide that is could not have been the citalapram as i have been taking it for so long - Went home took a lower dose for 4 days and rthe same thing happened terrrible debilitating headache .Went back to the hosptial where they started me on Duloxtine after about 2 months the headache came back .So then my Gp told me to make a choice so i came off them 33 days ago - most of the time headache free -but the headache i rarely experienced was nothing compared to the ones before - i started to be upset ,irrirable and really someone i could not recongize -So i went ot my Gp again who prescribed me Mirtazapine took it for 1 evening after an hour i could not move off the settee i was ill for 2 days after and not myself for at least a week . Now i have been put on chlopermine need on it since last night my head has been hurtung terribly and i have not been able to function properly . I have never  been able to tolerate high does of tablets .. Do you have any advise as i know i cannot stay of tablets but i am so worn out it is either the headache or possibly losing my family .. 

• Posted

It seems strange that after taking antidepressants for so long they are now possibly causing you headaches. Even more perculiar is the fact that the medications you have tried all work in different ways.

Obviously your GP will know more than me, but could it be stress related? Is it possible you have a lot on your mind, and now you are so concerned the medication is causing you a problem, the stress has increased?

Have you tried taking painkillers to help relieve you of some of the pain from your headache?

I hope you can get this sorted. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.