Depression Returned @ 375mg MR/day

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can't beleive it has but is has. Sad, tearful and anxious most of the time.

Psych says that's the max dose and I'm already in extensive therapy alongside.

Not sure where to go from there. Have I been side-stepping the black dog as I worked my way up through 75-375mg and now there's no escaping it?

:-/

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

On my I feel so sorry for you.. I got like that with sertraline. . Did your pdr not offer you a change of drug now ur at the max x
    • Posted

Unfortunately not. Just said to carry on with medication and therapy :-/
    • Posted

My god I thought I had a heartless pdr .. I'm just about to start venlafaxine after coming off mirtazapine (4months)

previously sertraline (3yrs)

I tried my hardest not to be put on venlafaxine I was in a terrible state ...put me on it & said bye..as if I had put her out.. I'm gona ask for a diff 1.. I dnt believe they do the job they are paid very highly to do.. ..how long you been feeling worse for.

• Posted

I did well for 6 or 7 years on 20-40mg Citalopram previously but that stopped working and then I was moved onto Venlafaxine. Once I got over initial side effects I thought it was wonderful stuff, like rocket fuel. GP upped my Venlafaxine dose gradually to 225mg and then referred me to Psych as the depression kept returning. Psych put me upto 300mg and then 375mg.

I think my depression's been returning over the past few weeks. 1st it was the odd day, then 2 or 3 days and now it seems to be there most of the time.

It sounds like you have worries around being moved onto Venlaxine?

• Posted

Oh did u that's what I wanted bt pdr said no theres not much use for it here..

just doesn't make sence to keep u on it any longer does it.. I just don't understand drugs are known not to work after so many years iv found that out while being on this patient forum.

Before I was put on mirt she said because of my constant racing thoughts to the point were I'm shouting at myself to shut up ..venlafaxine is not good for that .. itl be no good. But now she's put me on it .. Iv been onit years ago but no records on computer why I came off.. I'm scared of having another relapse ..I have no suport at home & have a 3yr old son... its frightened him so much what he saw .. BT thr pdr doesn't care & my doc can't go above her decision. Ment to start it yday .. just cnt bring myself too. Plus I'm still having mad times coming straight off met.

Iv been like you lots of times .. my face feels like it's been smacked for days from the crying or mysery. I used to drink lots to pull me out of it..now I wnt leave the house unless it's taking little 1 to school .. or go for very long walks ..

• Posted

That's interesting. Here the drug of choice in primary care is Citalopram and in secondary care Venlafaxine.

Maybe our bodies become too tolerant to medication with long term use.

It sounds like you're having a tough time there. Has your Psychiatirst suggested using low dose Quetiapine for the racing thoughts and anxiety? I find it wonderful stuff for that.

I know what you mean about your face feeling 'smacked', aches as well.

I hope things start to get better for you.

• Posted

Hi mike 375mg is the maximum doseage but you can have mirtazapine on top if the psychiatrist says so as im on 15mg but i do take over that whoops
  • Posted

My psychiatrist added on mirtazapine (15mg then upped to 30mg) to 225mg venlafaxine when the ven wasn't working enough. I've been on the combination for over 6 years now, and combined with counselling and CBT it's kept me well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.