Depression spike after coming home

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've recently gotten home after staying with my sister for a month and now my depression has increased drastically. It's like I'm severely homesick for a home that isn't mine. Physically, I feel exhausted, achy, and hungry, but every time I start eating I can't bring myself to finish whatever I'm eating. Even after 8 hours of sleep and an hour of crying last night, I feel like I need to sleep and cry all day, but since I still live with my parents for the time being, it isn't possible to do that. I've been in this position several times before, but it's been so long since I've felt this worn through, upset, and alone that I've forgotten how to cope with it. Do any of you have any advice to offer on managing my depression and not crying so much during this time?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi are you on any AD

• Posted

Hi Gaynor,

No, I'm not on any form of medication and don't plan to be anytime soon if I can avoid it.

• Posted

hi ciela, you need to give yourself a break! you must really love your sister lots, see people the more you cam the better you may feel

when this happened before you helped recover by? just think of that and see if there's way round all this. you can be sad, it's a human emotion!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.