Depression Takeover. .

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 18 years old been dealing with depression and trauma since I was 14... I literally don't know what to do, anymore. No matter what I do to try to cope with my depression something else adds to it. rolleyes

I'm all alone to in this. I don't know what do to, who to talk to... I don't trust guys at all.. My past continues to haunt me, probably because I still live where everything happen, as far as all the drugs and rape(Noone knows about).. Everyone tells me to let go of my past...I just can't seem to they don't know what it was was like growing up for me &; I can't talk about it because I'm not good at expressing myself. My parents also just recently got a divorce and I recently just got out of jail. I find myself finding it harder and harder to be happy or feel any emotions at all... No sleep, No food... Nothing. I was just wondering what I should do. I can't go to a counselor because I've been to many of them. I was thinking a shaman would help. Anyone have feedback? I would appreciate it alot.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hey Amanda, i know you stated you dont trust guys, but i am one and i have severe depression, and i have just organised my first session of acupuncture as i have a friend who said it helps her so much. i am tired off taking pills an nott feeling any better. just an idea.....
  • Posted

Hey amanda

You will eventually find someone you can trust.

your in the right direction especially just coming out of lock up and getting clean.

Keep positive and your life will improve.

the past we cant change and reminiscing keeps us more depressed so try and change to have a happier future xx

• Posted

Dear Amanda, so sorry that life has been so hard so far xx

Your first stop needs to be your GP, you have been absolutely amazing to cope with how difficult your life has been up to now, but you must be suffering from severe depression and trauma related issues....

( I too was violently raped twice ) it NEVER leaves you, but you find ways of coping with it...is there nobody that you can turn too? I am not so sure about a sharmen being any help...

The Samaritans are excellent to open up too and will never judge in any way, have you got a probation officer, or a good GP that you can really talk to...no one should feel alone xx

Have a look online for local support groups, everyone needs a friend or friends....I truly wish you happiness and a decent enjoyable future...

Please, please, confide in someone who can understand and empathize with you...we all need Help sometimes...take care, big hugs to you,...Deirdre xxx

• Posted

Hi Amanda.Only good can Happen to you now you have had such bad experiences it's time .Ring up a medical centre and ask to see a female doctor and don't say ok to any other.You could make alist of your concerns and take it with you.Don't say ok to antidepressants but ask to see a female counsellor.You should be fine and if she's not caring go back to your gp.best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.