Depression tips/advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey,

I am really suffering with depression and anxiety at the moment and was wondering how people cope any advice not meds as am already taking all i am allowed due to medical conditions

Where to start, i feel worse beeing depressed as there is not that much wrong with my life i work i have money trouble but not a major amount i still have money for bills and food yet i dont enjoy anything in life even things i used to love doing i cant sleep or eat feel lonely but yet i dont want to leave my room and cant stop crying and dont even no why i worry about things that might never ever happen i feel so absolutely miserable all the time

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kev

If you don't mind me asking why can't you take medication for you're depression and anxiety ?

Have you spoken to you're dr ?

Also could there be side effects from the medication you're taking atm?

I would look into this because you don't want to get worse

I had them exact feelings with the depression

Lost

Lonely

Felt alone (even though I have 3 kids at home)

I cried as well I did lose my appetite and my anxiety (thoughts went through the roof) my mind didn't stop it was racing all the time.

I'm on cipramil 15 mil and I've been on it for 5 weeks now and I'm finally back to my self

My advice to you is talk with you're dr

Because there must be something you can take to treat the way you been feeling.

• Posted

Hi,

I take citalopram and amatrypteline for depression but the chemicals in anxiety tablets react with another condition i have so the gp will not let me take them and i just cant cope atm

• Posted

I'm on cipramil and that's the same medication

And it took me 5 weeks to feel 100% again

I would take away amatryptemine (if that's an anxiety plus depression drug?)

If so I would just stick with one or the other.

I don't know anything else about you're other condition so I can't give you much advice on what to do.....also I think it's no fair that you have to suffer this (with out medication)

I just couldn't do it on my own with out it.

I have 3 kids so I needed to get better quickly because they need me to be healthy.

• Posted

Also if you can not cope at all

I would call (the mental health team) and talk to them and also make an appointment to see them. If you get to distressed go to you're nearest hospital just so can talk and get help

You are going to be ok smile you're not alone in this at all.

I've been in you're situation and it sucks but at the end of the day you will be ok.

• Posted

Yh i cant really discuss it in public chat i can pm if u like the citilopram is supposed to be for my depression and the amitryptiline is for anxiety and to help me sleep
  • Posted

I didn't read you're message properly

Take small steps each day.....get up have a shower (push you're self) trust me you might even feel like that's an effort but once you had you're shower you've completed something that was an effort.

Go for a walk (once again push you're self) yes it's bloody hard when you don't want to do anything at all.

Eat small meals even if you have 3 bites at least you have something in you're tummy.

Stay away from coffee and tea

(Have decaf) NO ENERGY DRINKS.

Don't drink alcohol to make you feel better

(Having a few drinks should be ok ONCE you're better and in moderation)

Watch movies (I did this and it helped because I was trying to get my mind off anxiety thoughts and the way I was feeling (yes you're going to think about how you're feeling all day) because you can't help it and all you want to do is be better.

Don't fully force you're self out of this rut just take baby steps.

Have friends over (if you don't want to go out) talk about it (cause you're not alone in this)

Try and think positive (even though that can be hard) but just keep trying. Put clean sheets on you're bed (it's always nice to hop into bed having clean fresh sheets and blankets.

If you have a smart phone

Down load these (adult colouring apps) this is what I done and it kept my mind occupied even though I still felt crap......but the most important thing todo is see you're dr and talk to him/her about how you're feeling

• Posted

hi i have got depression and i get a lot of panick attacks i am like you i cry a lot and my mood swings are all over the place i tend to shut my self in my house i dont like going out as i fill people are staring at me all the time i wist i have got a answer to depression but i have not as i find every day life very hard

• Posted

Hi kev

I know that feeling very well. Has your doctor prescribed you antidepressants?

If so it sounds like you need a meds review. If not you really need to see your gp. With the right medication you will start to feel better I promise.

Bless you and please don't delay in taking the right steps to get you better.

Lorraine xx

• Posted

Hi lorraine,

I am taking citolopram and amitryptiline but i can not take the ones my doctor said i should be on as it would not be good for a seperate condition i have so that is all he can offer atm.

Hope you are well,

Kev x

• Posted

Hi kev

It does not sound like this combination of meds is working for you. If you have recently started them then it may be just a matter of time until they kick in. If you have been on them a while then you do need an urgent med review. You should not be suffering unnecessary kev. X

• Posted

Hi,

Like i say they will not give me anything else due to another medical condition that is hard to control x

• Posted

Meant to say combination not working x
    • Posted

Maybe but my other problem makes it complicated for them to prescribe anything x
    • Posted

Kev

I get what your saying but there must be a solution. How long have you been on antidepressants?

There are many tablets that have interactions with other conditions but surely there must be more than one combination for you. Have you told the doctor what's happening with you?

Sending loads of blessings your way xx

• Posted

Hi,

Yh i have told them but they keep saying if they make your other condition worse then it will make your depression worse x

• Posted

Kev

Feel for you as that does not leave you in a good place. Omega 3 high strength is natural and proven to help with depression. If you get the chance Google omega 3 and depression.

Xx

• Posted

Hey

Yeah i heard 5hat and bought some this morning i guess my other condition doesnt help as it icsolates me alot x

• Posted

Kev

Isolation is not good I am still trying to break out of it after four months! You will get plenty of support on this site kev. I hope things turn around for you. Keep me posted

God bless

Lorraine xx

• Posted

Yh it is horrible because no one is willing to talk about my other problem which makes it worse x
    • Posted

Hi kev

If you want to private message me and let me know what's going on with you. I will listen and try to advise. It doesn't matter what it is. Illness of any kind is not your fault xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.