derealization sucks ;(

Posted , 4 users are following.

if u guys suffer from it how do you cope with not completely losing it ;( i need to know it goes away!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I try to ignore it, I accept it too as a symptom of my anxiety and I know that the more it scares me the worse it will get and the longer it will take to pass and yes it does pass.

If I can accept it and just go with it then it sometimes passes in a matter of hours, if I get worked up it tends to go on for longer and I know it's very hard not to get anxious because it's a scary feeling but I know it's not harmful so that helps.

I also distract myself as much as possible especially with things that do feel familiar at that point in time, I find that keeping busy helps and just connecting with things that I feel familar with like touching my laptop or my make up etc, it helps to keep me grounded until the feelings fade away.

Looking after yourself is important too, take that bubble bath, eat a good meal, use relaxation techniques because stress and anxiety are causing this so if you can reduce them slightly then it will automatically help with the derealization, take care, I know how you feel.

• Posted

i feel a little bit better just scared of it getting worse again😭😭 i hate it
  • Posted

Hi Tammi I understand completely. I suffer with this regularly. Have good days and very bad dark days. I constantly think I am going to lose it. How I don't il never know. I just sit and have very bad anxiety and twitch and jolt and shake, with my mind going 100 mikes a hour. Eventually I doze but then jolt awake and this just happens most of the night until I eventually fall asleep. Then I have days were everything is ok. Go and see your doctor. But sounds to me that your coping with it, though you may feel differently. Take care. Big hugs x
    • Posted

Sorry was suppose to say miles x
    • Posted

i did see my dr smile she prescribed me sertraline which is zoloft i thought i was feeling better idk anymore rolleyes i just want it to go away
  • Posted

Isn't it terrible?!! How many times have we been told that we're not going crazy, that it is a part of anxiety and yet we still feel like we're going insane?!! Mine has been decent for the past few months, but has gotten really bad in the past few days. I just try to keep reminding myself that it will go away again, like always. Nice to know we're all in this together!! We can do this, ladies!
    • Posted

Did you always worry it was schizophrenia? I always did, even though I've had about 5 psychologists and 3 psychiatrists tell me it isn't haha
    • Posted

Have you seen psychiatrists? Anxiety sufferers are so good at convincing ourselves were nuts, but no good at convincing ourselves were okay smile
    • Posted

not yet my dr is supposed to set me up a appointment. but tbh its worse when im alone and i just think about it i miss feeling normal😭
    • Posted

It's definitely worse when we're alone, because our mind wanders. The fact that we can feel more okay when we're around people suggests that it is just anxiety.

I know how you feel; I cry when I think about how I used to be. We can get back there, Tammi.

• Posted

yes and sometimes when im around ppl its still there i cry too just wanting to go back to months before all this im praying my zoloft starts working soon ;( ive been on it 12 days already
    • Posted

It can take up to 6 weeks. Hang in there!!!!
    • Posted

im trying my best plus im scared to go out for new years eve fear ill lose my mind or my dp will get so bad ugh i hate this!😭
    • Posted

Listen to me, tammi. You will not lose your mind. I promise you. Watch Derealization videos on YouTube. Linden has a good one that explains it all.
    • Posted

Hi jen you are so right that we convince ourselves that were mad, but not that it's just anxiety. I look back on my old life and so wish I was still that person. Anxiety suck big time. Take care. Big hugs x
    • Posted

Give it time Tammi. It will start working soon. You will feel worse before better. I know exactly how your feeling. It's terrible. My worse time is on a night when everyone's in bed, because my mind is working overtime. Anxiety is a terrible thing. And no one understands unless you suffer with it. Take care and big hugs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.