desperate for answers

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I take celexa forty mg a day but about 4 weeks ago I got put on buspar currently I don't feel anxious just nervous and scared I cry all the time I feel very depressed I don't want to do anything its a struggle to go to work everyday noone understands. The racing thoughts are hideous. My trigger was a girl that I don't associate with because we had words normally I don't think about it. What's wrong with me? Did my celexa stop working? Is it the buspar? 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If you've changed from one tablet to another you will get a middle period low I did I cried for a whole day hope fully you will get over it if not please go back to drs hope this helps a bit 

Mark

• Posted

Normally when switching to new medications, it takes a while for the new medications to start working.  If my doctor is switching me to a new medication for my depression, she will decrease the old medication and then give me the dosage for the new medication. She does not stop me cold from taking the old medication.  She just gradually decreases the dosage of the old medication until I can finally stop.
  • Posted

Hi I don't know what buspar is but can you talk to your doctor? Maybe it makes your celexa stop working?
    • Posted

I recently just added Buspar to my cit which is Celexa, I just started it today actually at 10mg and was very thorough when asking questions and the dr said the only side effect to taking them together is drowsyness which I have had insomnia since starting Celexa anyway so maybe that will help, I would say maybe your getting anxious about the change and had some symptoms and just attributed those to the new med honestly, I have ocd health anxiety and every time something new gets added or changed I feel terrible and immediately attribute it to the change id say call the dr just to ease your nerves but will prolly be ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.