Desperate for answers

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not sure if I've posted before here and if so I apologize but I can't take it anymore.

I have had continual blurred vision for months to the point where I can't see a sign 15 ft in front of me. Sharp pains behind my eyes and my orbital sockets are tender. Sharp pain on right side of head, extreme light sensitivity (I'm barely typing this) and my eyes water a lot. Not to mention headache in forehead.

I have been to 3 neurologists, 1 ophthalmologist (twice) and have had 4 MRIs of brain with and without contrast in the last year (most recent being August). 2 neurologists told me occipital neuralgia and the eye doc said absolutely nothing was wrong.

It causes dizziness as well. I was told I have Ménière's disease so I know I have some light sensitivity issues; but could these symptoms also be migraines??

Someone have any suggestions out there? This is hell.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I dont know if the neurolgoa you described is related to trimengeral nuerolgia, but if not,look that up on Google. I do hope you get better. Xx
    • Posted

Thank you! Mine feels more occipital as the nerve on my head becomes inflamed as well. Very weird.
  • Posted

I think this is what Lee is referring to

https://patient.info/health/trigeminal-neuralgia-leaflet

I'm sorry I don't have any other suggestions, though I have noticed that sometimes, some doctors tell you that you have migraines when they aren't sure what your problem is.

Are you being treated for Ménière's?

Are you being treated for any other condition?

• Posted

Thank you. I forgot to mention that the eye doc told me I had ocular migraines because I also see a flash of light in my eye.

I was thinking maybe this is the sign of a migraine? I've been having some autoimmune issues and have never had anything like this until it all started last year.

Anyway, thanks again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.