Desperate for any relief from stomach pain, help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been dealing with episodes of severe stomach pain, constant nausea and frequent vomiting. This has been going on since the summer. I get cycles where I am actively vomiting and unable to move for days on end from the pain. It feels like someone is stabing me and just repeatedly twisting.then once the actual vomiting passes I get unrelenting nausea and a slightly duller pain for between a few days and weeks until it is back to the worse pain and vomiting. I have seen several gastroenenologist, had blood work for anything and everything, cts, MRIs, ultrasounds, gastric emptying studies, endoscopy,and colonoscopy. All showed nothing. I have been put on elimition diets, dairy free, gluten free, egg free, low fiber, high fiber, low fodmap high carb, low carb, low fat diet,soft diet, liquid diet, clear diet. None of which have provided any releif, the doctors have diagnosed with cyclic vomiting syndrom but not only have none of the medications available for it provided me with any relief, as I researched it it says that there are periods of being healthy and symptom free between the episodes of vomiting. The only thing that I have found that makes any impact at all is that I feel slightly less horrible when my stomach is completely empty and have more symptoms within a half hour of attempting to eat or drink anything. Since starving myself is not a solution does anyone have any ideas of either ways to be more comfortable or things to suggest to the doctor. It has been over 6monts and something needs to change.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your gallbladder out. Those are all symptoms of a bad gallbladder. Have you had ultrasound on your gallbladder. ??
  • Posted

Look for an article on cracked.com by Thomas Wolfe from 2013 about a man with mysterious chronic vomiting. Could be unrelated but has similarities. Diagnosis was an enterovirus attacking the GI tract. Good luck.

• Posted

I feel your pain. I have the same EXACT symptoms plus diahhrea. I’m going to see GI doctor again soon just waiting to go appt. My stomach pain is worse after I eat. I had H Pylori back in June & it’s all downhill from there!! Then I was diagnosed with Gastritis & INS. Any advice is always appreciated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.