Desperate For Help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm been dealing with frequent urination, burning, irritation and discomfort for two weeks now and it is driving me up the walls. The irritation seem to be coming from the external not internal except for the uretha. I have the urge to urinate all the time and when i release it burns like crazy! At first I started only with frequent urination until I ate some cake and other sweets seem to trigger the burning, and worsen it. I've looked and looked to see where is this severe discomfort coming from. It seem to be in the tissue or skin of the outer labia, the whole outer area including the urethra. There seem to be thinning and no elastic of the labia. Sorry if this is TMI but i really dont know what to do anymore and i hope its nothing serious. I've had the irritation before on and off but never to this degree. Last time I used the estrogen cream and it helped but this time nothing seem to work. I read about atrophy, could this be it?I have tried everything from otc uti kit, it was negative, drinking cranberry juice, yeast cream and suppositories, probiotics (the cream and probiotics seem to help a bit) , biest and bhrt progesterone, soaking in baking soda, drinking baking soda, vmagic cream, etc. The yeast suppositories burned like crazy! I dont know what else to do. I have an appt to my gyn on Monday, it was scheduled on this past Monday so in the meantime, I had to endure another week of misery along with my other symptoms. I wished this on no one, because this is misery. If only I had something to knock me out to escape the misery!😭 Does anyone know anything that I can do besides whats been done already? Do you think this is serious? With the estrogen last time it helped but it was premarin and this time its BHRT. I stopped the biodentical estrogen and progesterone because I noticed the symptoms seem to worsen with the progesterone and with estrogen didnt really notice any difference with it ( bhrt) like i did last time.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I always keep some macrobid on hand and at the very first sign of  a uti I take one. That’s usually all I need to clear it up. I know as soon as I’m not drinking enough water it will start to come on. And usually worse the week leading up to my period. 

Are you forcing as much water as you can?

• Posted

Suzanne water is all i drink . I drink nothing else, only lots of water. I'm hoping not a uti , though the otc uti kit said negative. Because, i cant take antibiotic due to gastritis, i made a big mistake last year and OMG did i regret it! Ive been taking oil of oregano instead. Thanks for your suggestion.

• Posted

I have gastritis too. If I have to take an antibiotic or ibuprofen (and I had to take both due to having a tooth pulled a few months back and I was freaking out!) I now make sure I have a tummy full of mashed potatoes, pasta, bread and almond milk. I had no issues even taking 3 ibuprofen every 4 hours. 

It really sounds like a UTI how you decscribe it. It’s miserable and I don’t think anything will work but antibiotic. Sorry 

• Posted

Hi Mary ,I have the same problem every 2 to 3 weeks I feel like I’m getting uti , im drinking cup of water with two table spoon apple cider vinger the organic one two to three times a day and in couple dates the symptoms are gone ,so give it a try if u want 
  • Posted

Hi Mary

I know what you're going through, I had the same symptoms but mine usually showed as a uti although it never came back as anything when they did the cultures. It became a weekly problem as you described and I'm waiting to see a urologist, but in the meantime started bhrt. If seems much better and I read that menopause can cause all of the issues described, as it narrows the urethra resulting in inflammation. See what your gyn says, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about (easy to say I know) but it can cause atrophy and so the gyn will have some answers I'm sure. I'll keep everything crossed, keep your chin up and good luck xx

• Posted

Hi there.. oh how i feel your pain.. this is how my peri symptoms first started bad 5 years ago... i tried everything like you.. back and forth to the docs and after ruling everything out all they did was scratch their heads and say sorry we have no idea.. not one picked up in menopause type symptoms.   The fact is.. if you have ruled out a UTI then its actually nerve related and due to decreasing hormones.. took me a while to catch on after lots of internet searches.  It should be high on the list as many women seem to get it but just think its UTI related and nothing else. It will come and go... for no apparent reason. Periods do make it worse also ovulation.   It does improve over time and 5 years on i rarely get it now. It took about 6 months for it to settle down with me.  Just drink lots of fluids, but not too much that you flush out all the good stuff. Remove sugar from your diet as that helps with a lot of issues around peri.   Eat a good clean diet , less processed foods as possible as our bodies are crazy sensitive to everything at this time. It does get better honest smile but sadly there is nothing you can take to ease it as its nerve related.  You can also get it at the other end.. burnt sensation in the mouth and tongue... also feel like you have a soar throat and can also have sinus type pain with it. That is called burnt mouth syndrome and again is hormone based nerve issue. Comes and goes and fades with time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.