Desperate for reassurance

Posted , 5 users are following.

Morning. I'm looking for some positive vibes! I was on fluoxetine for about 3 years for anxiety. About 2 months ago I stupidly quit and was only taking a tablet every 4 or 5 days. 2 weeks ago it all came to a head and my anxiety catapulted. I have been back on the fluoxetine 20mg for a week and a half but I still feel anxious all day. Can anyone give me hope that the tablets will work again? I'm petrified they won't work for me like before

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you were doing okay with Prozac why did you choose to stop? I only ask because if it worked for me which it doesn't, it makes me psychotic, I would never stop taking it? I'm sure if it worked before it'll soon kick back in. Good luck

• Posted

I stupidly stopped taking it because I wanted to try for a baby.
  • Posted

Emma

I've been on Flouextine For 8 weeks it took me 2 - 3 weeks to feel calmer and for the anxiety to lessen. I would imagine that things will settle down, don't fight how you feel, take deep breaths and try to stay calm (I know it's hard) you are topping up your dose so it will take time to feel full effects. Make sure you take guidance from your doctor xx

• Posted

Thank you. I'm just so scared at the moment that I will never get better and will feel like this forever xx

• Posted

Of course you will get better, just takes time, try not to be scared just remember what you are feeling will pass be positive, anxiety feeds off negative thoughts.
  • Posted

You will get back to where you were before. It may just take a while - like a couple months. Everyone is different and will react differently to it, but I did the same thing you did. I went off in January; got anxiety back by March; went back on Prozac in May; got back to where I used to be by end of July. Stick with it.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. Feels never ending at the moment but I just have to keep on keeping on. All I seem to do is cry xx
  • Posted

Hi Emma, I have suffered from anxiety and depression for a great many years.  17 weeks ago I was given a generic brand of fluoxetine which my doctor said barely worked when mixed with my other tablets.  It wasn't the fluoxetine but the base mixture of the medication which caused the trouble.  Obviously it didn't do me any good. By two months I had hit rock bottom after some rather peaceful years.  I am back on my proper medication now 9 weeks and I am still having some problems.  However, the worst of the troubles are over and I see a huge light at the end of the tunnel.  Please keep trying honey - the hardest thing is having the patience to ride it all out.  I still have a little way to go but I wont give up - have felt like it heaps of times - but I want my life back.  Please know you are not alone and we are here for you.  Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.