desperate. someone please help

Posted , 9 users are following.

Scared of losing control and behaviour being affected ie doing things you wouldn't ever do so intrusive thiughts becoming reality. Major anxiety for me. How do you stop worrying about it? I feel so lost in my own head im just feeling scared of everything at the moment. Don't know what the heck is wrong. Ive been suffering with anxiety since december. I take meds and im waiting on therapy, the usual brain fog has subsided and to be honest I hated it at the time but I want it back everything is too clear at the moment. Help! Please sad im so scared.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I know how you feel. My anxiety makes me in dear of losing control all the time. I have these very disturbing thoughts and scary ones that give me even more anxiety! It's very terrifying. But remember it's all in our mind, the more we worry, the more it will happen. I've learned to accept that my anxiety is going to happen, mine is always in a pattern and I've learned it and now it's not too bad. You will be okay, I promise! I've been there many many times. I had thoughts that I will never be the same, and that I'll never be happy again. I'd become so depressed, suicidal thoughts. Anxiety is such a bummer but we are all in the same boat in ways. If you have to write down your thoughts, try to find a pattern, try to see what causes it. The best thing to do is not run from it but to investigate what's going on. 

Look up kava kava. I use that. It's a natural pill. It helps my anxiety a lot. And my anxiety is almost constantly. It helps me to relax and control the racing thoughts. For me at least! Get better soon! 

• Posted

It is the anxiety not you! Try to focus on something that is beautiful whatever that might be for you. You can also focus on your breathing- the breath coming in and the breath going out. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

• Posted

Thank you Sue I will try. Need to learn some breathing exercises for days like today, hopefully will help. Thanks for your reply. Hope you are well! Xx
  • Posted

You need to try break the cycle of your thoughts and worry. You have trained your brain to continue the cycle of worry . Next time it becomes over whelk knob force yourself to do something to distract you eg put in head phones and go for a run or walk. I know it's the last thing you may want to do but it helps .  Good mood music... And also helps with your breathing . 

And you do know what is wrong . Anxiety . So just know that it's not real ... It's the anxiety. You can beat this !!! 

• Posted

Also ! Painting... Singing... Listening to fantastic music that you love ... Reading a good book.... Are all ways that help the mind become present and focused on the now and help create stillness of the mind . 
  • Posted

Hi 

,you are not alone we are here,please when you are so scared come on here or is there anybody you can phone,put the telly on or radio anything even if for 5 miniuts can you manage a walk.t

These are only thoughts tell them to go away have not got time for you today,believe me I am with you because I am exactly the same so come on here and help each other,small steps at a tine just a little thing then have a rest,you will find another hour has passed nothing happend to you just the thoughts.Please don't google because you will have everything on there.

Keep posting on here always somebody on here will answer you.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Joan I really appreciate your kind words and support. It really does mean a lot and helps tremendously coming on here. I find it difficult to do activities such as having a bath or watch tv when I am anxious as it makes me worse with the thoughts I think more so night time even though I feel better I usually just go to bed as I can't sit and watch tv. I get very sad thinking about how I'm only 24 and I feel like I've changed so much and I'm just existing and not really enjoying life. Morbid I know I apologise but just how I feel today. I try to think positively it's just very hard. I'm hoping therapy will help! Thank you again Joan I hope you are feeling better with the pain and are ok in yourself today xxxx
  • Posted

Ah this is so familiar! When things are bad i worry that i will lash out and be agressive towards those around me -which terrifies me as im not at all an agressive person, so i then get that horrible hot and cold chill, and the anx and panic sets in. Then im more hyper aware to make sure these horrible thoughts dont come true, which just makes everything worse. Your not alone, this isjust what anx does to us
    • Posted

Just hold on you won't lash out at anybody you are aware of the feelings I think when somebody does that it is on the spur of the moment.they have not come true to anybody as I know of but none the less they are nasty.

try and have a nice day,Iam wondering whether to go to A & E with this side pain Yakut for about a year but it is agony had ultra sound chest x ray 

now thinking is it lungs.

joan

• Posted

I feel awful this morning hunny, please don't feel you are ever alone, you are not.The intrusive thoughts are the worst for me, I feel like brusting into tears as i write this. I am waiting for my meds to kick in and then perhaps it won't be so bad. Please don't be scared, the mornings are always the worse for me, just totally over wellming. big hugs xxx
    • Posted

Hi Claire,

Join the clang I am laying on the bed on ice pack with this side pain or more round the back left lung klilling me just took paracetamol cannot take anything stronger,thank god for this forum as you say we are not alone.I am here f you want to chat.

love Joan

• Posted

Its rubbish isn't it , did you have plans for today? I am going to attempt some house work. Hope we feel better as the day goes on xx 
    • Posted

Hi Claire,

no no plans don't make them that would freak me out never know how I feel.

i just put the Hoover round but can't do any more with this pain.Do you watch football I think that is my afternoon sorted a few games on the telly how sad am I.

xxx

• Posted

No i love rugby , i.am a welsh girl. i wondered do you have facebook?? you are not sad i guess lots of people are just chilling today x
    • Posted

My grandson played rugby up until this year played for Essex and Saracens now 18 played since he was 7, I do have face book but don't use it but will give you my e. mail or phone no if you like na private message.

hope you are getting better as the day goes on. X

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Claire as I said on the other post I can't reply to comments on my phone so will just have to use the tablet from now on. Thanks for the advice. Today has been a particular anxious day and I have not felt good at all but I am rather proud as I managed to get out and do something and not have an attack. The intrusive thoughts have been haywire today though. The wine from last night probably had an affect on my anxiety today do you find alcohol makes you worse? Also I am usually ok when I first wake up it seems to be about an hour after waking up I get bad but by night I am a lot better. Is this similar for you? Sorry for all the questions.  Hope you are feeling better xxx
    • Posted

Hi liz yesterday was a lousy day for me, i hate the struggle to get through, as i said before the intrusive thoughts are always the worst for me. i don't drink so can't comment on that bit. Yes i hate mornings my heads all over the place made worse by the fact i have to go to work, there are days when i don't know how i do it. Again like you i seem better afternoons and evenings x Feel a bit better today to be honest so fingers crossed x
    • Posted

Morning Claire. I am glad to hear you are feeling a lot better today. Stay positive and hopefully you can look back on the day and feel proud on how well you are. I feel atrocious and I've been up two hours I want the day to be over already. Feel mentally fragile today if that makes sense. So fed up with this illness. sad x
    • Posted

I am fed up with it to x I think mentally fragile is a good way of saying how we feel. Do you take any meds? I don't think people understand how bad anxiety makes you feel. Unless of course you have it. Do you have company ? xx
    • Posted

Hi Claire hope your day has been better than mine. Shortly after this message I just sorta lost the plot. Had a massive panic attack absolutely fed up with feeling like this and every day being a battle I needed help so ended up in a and e talking with a crisis team. Horrid day I feel so fed up right now. Dreading tomorrow. How have you been? Dx
    • Posted

Hi Liz oh crap damn panic attacks, i am glad you got help, were the crisis team any help? I have not been to bad tbh, As for tomorrow lets see how it goes, sending big hugs. here if you need me xxxxxxxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.