25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes ultrasound can pick up an abcess or cyst.  I had an utrasound looking at one other part of body and found to have a cyst in kidney. Small and doesnt bother me and surprised to hear it was there.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I hope a pocket hasnt ruptured... if it is very painful go to hospital ASAP.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am in the hospital now. They took blood work and urine sample. I had 2 tylenol 3s. Waiting for results. They said I should go back to GP for a scan in case of abscess. Apparently if I had perforation I would be sicker. I had a scan at this Hospital before. Don't know why they won't do one now. What does an abscess fell like?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi,

ER took blood work which was normal and referred me back to mg GP. I have an ultrasound tomorrow. He thinks I may have a partial obstruction. I am kind of freaked out. I have not been able to work this week because of the pain and nausea. How are you doing?

Vivian

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ultrasound normal although they could not see the whole bowel but they did see a lidney and liver cyst. Apparently there is nothing to do with the cysts. Maybe just a flare up then?

Vivian

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It would seem the ultra sound would show anything else including a flare. Did they say there is nothing to be seen except cyst? Are you in pain now? Can they test for ulcers in the intestine or any other abnormalities?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I think a scan would be better. I am still in pain. Still on antibiotics. I have about three days left of them. They make me feel even more sick. Realky weird. Last year I had a scan and ultrasound and no cysts detected.

Vivian

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Are you still in hospital? A really bad flare can take several days to calm down even with antibiotics. If you get sick with the antibiotics then you need to eat something first before pill. I get sick with Cipro on empty stomach. I eat a piece of bread before I take the pill.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Sam

I am not in the hospital. They don't keep you that easily here. I do take meds with food. My next step is a scan but by the time I get one it will not show any infection. One thing I noticed in this forum is that most people were diagnosed by scopes or scans. I get put on antibiotics diagnosed clinically by symptoms. I have colonoscopies because of my IBS every two years. My last one was last year. I had a scan last year unrelated and it showed the diverticular pockets. My results for my last colonoscopy was IBS and diverticulosis. They did not comment on how many inches. Diverticulosis does not cause pain.

All I know is that the episodes are becoming closer together.

Basically bouts of constipation followed by loose stools and it is downhill from then.

Vivian

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up