diagnosed graves disease last week......have probs with cough

Posted , 4 users are following.

started on carbimazole 20mg then this was increased a few days ago to 30mg by gp as symptoms still big prob  ie high pulse sweating diarrhoea etc   but allso awful cough   keeps me awake at night too  cough all day and night   mild asthma but inhalers dont seem to help much  gp prescribe sleeping tabs but these not helping either   feel so exhausteed and low due to lack of sleep     please can anyone help

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i do take anti histamines too njayne but dont seem to help much
  • Posted

Change UR diet right away and take Imodium drink lots of water to avoid dehydration. Ck with UR doc. UR meds may need to be adjusted.

CHEERS

HOPE confused

• Posted

thanks hope4cure for your support     yesterday the cough  started to lessen....amazing .....and what a difference it has made to me.  unfortunately still sweating excessively (guess its not the best time of year to get graves !!)   and still not sleeping much   but only been on the meds for 2 weeks now so guess i need to hang in there.  the loose bowels have also improved somewhat too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.