Diagnosed with depression 3 months ago

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had been feeling low since October last year, and finally got the courage to go and see a doctor about how I was feeling in March after a few attempts of hurting myself. Iv been given medication and have had my dosage increased twice. I felt better for a short period of time after meds kicked in, but now the sense of emptiness and loneliness has crept back in. I can't talk to anyone about it as I feel everyone has problems why should they listen to mine? I'm not sure how to handle my emotions, could anyone shed some light?

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

I can send you a much longer message tomorrow which I hope will help you. Am just going to bed now, but I wanted you to know that you're not alone and that we will do our best to help you.

lots of love from Tess XXX

• Posted

Thank you tess!!

Look forward to hearing from you

Night smile xxx

• Posted

Hi Tazzy I have been through a number of Antidepressants because they work well and then they don't so I change and its a never ending cycle. As for feeling alone you aren't. If you cant talk to people in your life there are always people here who know what you are going through and have been through it or going through it. Have you tried a counsellor? I'm not a fan but as I am feeling exactly like you st the moment I'm going to give it one last go. Feel free to PM anytime if you need a chat. Take care hun x
    • Posted

I got referred to one but he wasn't very useful, just shrugged me off and told me to take meds for a year and see how I got on. No follow up or anything, that's why Iv came here hoping people can shed some light on side effects!

Thank you very much for your lovely comment🤗 Xxx

• Posted

That is terrible. Reading some peoples stories makes me so appreciative of our healthcare system here and I will never complain again. Maybe try writing things down to get them out? May help you I know it helps some people x
  • Posted

Your best bet is to talk to a counselor. They will help you get to the bottom of your depression and help you manage it. Like you said, everyone has problems but if someone is willing to help, why not let them.
  • Posted

Dear Tazzy,  Depression is hard.  What has been said is true, not all antidepressants work on all people.  With Prozac I became a zombie on a low dose.  I went thru 6 different ones and finally landed on Paxil about 13 years ago and, truly, within 10 days, I felt like a new person.  I was back to making  jewelry, painting and creating my brains out!  I literally could stay in my studio for 16 hours a day!  I also had a great therapist (going on 27 years, on & off) who now if I need a boost, I can skype.  I hate that you don't have choices in whom you see and that sucks.  Docs of all kinds need to mesh with who you are and at least in the US (today, anyway) we have choices.  I have fired many a doc and/or dentist over the last 40 years because I have a complex history, both psychological and physical.  It pains me to hear from patients in other countries who cannot get even adequate care.  Keep on trying with the doc to see if he can switch your antidepressants.  😎

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.