Diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Went to GYN today did vag ultrasound to measure my uterus I don't remember measurement but she said it was thick and wants to do a D& C and biopsy ... I'm 53 thought I was post menopause but had a period after a yr and half and I'm overweight so fat stores estrogen creating thick lining ... I'm a nervous wreck she wanted to do biopsy in office I was too scared she couldn't even do pap ... I'm phobic when it comes to GYN haven't been in ten yrs that's not good I know .... I have had a child and c section yet I can't be still for a simple Pap smear now I have to fear cancer I'm trying to look on bright side and not worry ... And I have to stop reading ... I know I'm at risk I have all of them but praying the biopsy is negative or the peace and willingness to do what I need to do if it isn't .... Anyone share thoughts or same issues would be welcome ...thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Kathleen, I understand your worry. I have a cyst on my ovary that is questionable. Im having surgery soon and I am a wreck. I quit reading, it was making me crazy. The best advice I can give is to stay positive as best you can. Tell yourself its nothing and think of the positive outcome. Thats the only way I am getting thru, aside from you wonderful ladies encouragement. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers all goes well. Im sure everything is going to be fine. Hugs
    • Posted

Thank you showbell i appreciate it.  the doc actually said here if you want to google, google these three things lol....my husband is helping me stay positive and my daughter.  and yes wonderful to have this place to come and share my fears and highs/lows and good news too!  thank you and i will keep you in mine as well xoxoxo

• Posted

Hi Kathleen, I  had thickened uterus at age 52. Had hysteroscopy under general anaesthetic, very quick and easy, honestly! Was in theatre for 10 minutes, woke up quickly and was back at work two days later. Biopsy showed no abnormality and was told Not to worry. I try not to think about it, and have read many posts of us peri ladies having thickened uterine walls. Hope you get some more replies so you can take the best advice for you. Take care x
    • Posted

Hi Debbie, thanks so much for our reply.  question, when you had your thickened uterus were you in peri or post menopause ?  i thought i was post menopause b/c i didnt have a period for a yr and half then had one then did not have one for another yr and half which was this past month thus the trip to thy gyn....i'm praying for a positive outcome with the biopsy as well.  funny thing is i'm not as scared of the procedure as i am of having a pap smear or being examined in the office.  its crazy i know but i am phobic ...i had to tell her to STOP three times and finally yelled at her to stop i know she was mad but i thought that's just tough...but i apologized to her and she said nothing....i know she wanted to do her job and i didnt let her.  so i'm shaming myself for that too.  my husband said forget it and just be positive and take it one step at a time.  thank you so much for listening and i'm gld you are doing well.
    • Posted

Hi Kathleen

i was having a pre med check prior to a gallbladder operation and the nurse picked up a trace of blood in my urine. I hadnt had a period for over a year at that point, but was still having peri symptoms galore. Casually mentioned it to my gp a few weeks later when seeing her about something else. Next thing I was legs akin aaaaggghhhh! She referred me for a scan and thats when it was picked up. When I Saw the gynaecologist, she tried to do the hysteroscopy at her clinic, but it was too uncomfortable. So had tthe GA. it was all a bit of a shock, as I was just ignoring the urine result. I have since had a little spotting twice, but as Im still having peri symptoms, Im not overly concerned. the only time I was really anxious was after I came out of theatre and waiting for the gynae to tell me what she found. Im hoping over the weekend you get more posts, or have a look back at previous posts to hopefully put your mind at rest. Xx

• Posted

I'm sorry that you're going through this. I haven't had the same experience but I'm sure that your biopsy will come out normal . This Peri is messing with my anxieties as well,, so much that I've had to ggo on hydroxyzine for anxieties
    • Posted

Hi unico, thank you ....my anxiety is thru the roof...every time i see a spot of blood i freak....i know its because of my uterus but i'm freaking...my hubby reminded me tonight he said remember it sjust like when you were about to havfe  period or on a period and you would get emotional and moody and think the worst of everything .....that helped me remember that my hormones thank you for sharing i appreciate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.