Diagnosed yesterday, worried and confused

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, i'm 18 years old and went to the doctors yesterday regarding itching and blisters on and around my private parts, after an examination i was diagnosed with LS, I have been searching for information and there doesn't seem to be much!

I'm wondering if anyone else is or was around my age when diagnosed and if anyone could answer a few questions?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Love...I have had a word with two young girls who are on my message board and asked them to talk to you here as they are your age. Please try not to stress yourself there is lots of info out there and you must make sure you are completely clear as to what your doctor is doing and the reasons why. The treatment that he is giving you etc., Please keep looking around the sites-- comfyskin(where the two young girls are)and lichen sclerosus support ...There is more info out there than you are aware of at this early time. The ladies will help with tips and info so stay with us all. Mal xxx
  • Posted

hey there chloe,

i'm 22, diagnosed in feb, but had symptons since i was 20. i'd love to chat, so ask me any questions you like. hope you are ok. xxxxx

[color=orange:35a3cef459][b:35a3cef459]EMIS Moderator has edited this entry to remove personal details[/b:35a3cef459][/color:35a3cef459]

• Posted

Thanks Hannah for posting to Chloe...I hope she gets to your post before the email address goes off here. Mal xxxx
  • Posted

Thank you both so much for your replies, I have sent you an email Hannah. speak soon smile xx
  • Posted

Hi Hannah, Hi Chloe,

I've just been diagnosed today!!! am in my mid twenties and have been suffering from symptoms for over a year before being diagnosed... it would be great to be in touch over this... as it it seems quite rare and especially in younger women..

xxx

• Posted

Hi Sara, sure would love to talk, just send me an email chloe.a.l(at)hotmail(dot)com

hope you are well xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.