diamond sparkles....

Posted , 6 users are following.

And I don't mean the Jewel kind! I've posted a few times about the dreaded migraines which have become increasingly worse this last year, during peri and today I noticed what I can only describe as small sparkling diamonds in my vision, a bit like an aura but I've not had full blown aura since I was about 13. Has anyone else see these sparkly dots? Maybe I should get it checked out at the optician?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

gosh another thread about migraines! This will be my 3rd in as many days! 

I am a chronic migraine sufferer & I don't quite experience what you describe but I think something similar.. I get black dots in my eyes, often worse when I try to shut them, which can make me more nauseous. My body wants to sleep to deal with the pain but my eyes don't want to shut in order to,stop me feeling worse. I'm wondering if you have ever discussed this with your GP or a neurologist, as they did discuss these symptoms with me & reassured me these visual disturbances are common with migraine.

good luck, you're not alone

• Posted

I had a lot more general headaches from mid peri and a lot similar to what you are describing like the beginning of an aura migraine.

I noticed that although I did have it in both eyes that the right was worse. But I didn't often have the headaches with them.

Then I had like moving black and white chevrons out to the right of my vision and lights to the right became annoying also sensitive to the sun.

First year into meno proper it got bad so I went to the optician and I have a cataract in my right eye.

So worth you getting it checked out.

There's nothing to be done for mine until it gets bad. Just hoping I don't get one in my other eye.

• Posted

Ok, that's weird, because I thought twice today that I was seeing flashing, police type lights out of the corners of my eyes.  I've had migraines pretty much back to back for two months now.  We live in the boonies on a dead end street...there were no flashing lights, but I did have a rotten headache.  Not quite migraine status, but uncomfortable.  

• Posted

Hiya. i think it would be good to see an optician just to rule out other possibilities. Chances are its nothing but you might want a little peace of mind.
  • Posted

Yes as i entered meno i experienced these, they are migraine auras which i had never had before, i wondered what was happening, i had them at least four times a month. I never had a migraine with them but sometimes just a pain over one eye. I had ovaries removed (due to family history) and since then never experienced them again. An eye test is a good idea, i had one but nothing was dectected, only that i needed reading glasses x
    • Posted

Hi thanks for reply I went to optician who checked my eyesight and put it down to migraine aura as you suggested x
    • Posted

It's good to know what exactly is going on especially in this confusing time! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.