Diarreah for 2 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I've had diarrhoea for 2 weeks since coming home from Mexico. I've had a stool sample tested at the doctor which came back from the lab as negative. My husband also had the same symptoms and his stool sample came back showing as salmonella, he is now recovered and back at work.

Every single time I go to the toilet its diarrhoea, not done a normal pee or poo in all this time.

The doctor advised me to hand in a 2nd stool sample but this will probably come back as negative too then I've no idea what else they can do. I've had to take time off work and its my wedding party this Saturday (we got married in Mexico) and I'm now worried I won't be well enough for it.

Has anyone else ever had the same, and any suggestions how to get rid of it asap?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

in some cases it can last little longer.. the fact that your husband recovered and had similar symptoms may indicate that you have the condition. give it more days... and drink plenty of water and make banana your best mate...

take care and speedy recovery

ed

• Posted

and to your question....try imodium it has almost immediate effect. but diarrhea is a way that your body is getting "rid" of bad bacteria...so slowing it down or stopping it may not be the best option unless its extreme...i say health before party

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.