Diarrhea 1-4 times after eating dinner (only dinner usually) and stomach aches that last 1-4 hours.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 19 year old girl who’s 5’4 and weighs 150 pounds. I suffer from Hashimoto’s disease and I haven’t started medicine for it yet (recently diagnosed). I started the AIP diet (autoimmune paleo) and I don’t eat any grains, gluten, dairy, seeds, nuts, sugar, potatoes, tomatoes, nightshades. I only eat meats, veggies, fruits, some compliant flour (cassava flour etc.) Since cutting out all of those foods 40+ days ago, my stomach issues have seemed to have gotten worse. Not every night but most nights about 30 minutes to an hour after eating I run back and forth to the bathroom 2-4 times with watery diarrhea. Usually before this happens I have a stomach ache for 1-4 hours or the stomach ache happens after the diarrhea is over and lasts for a few hours. I usually feel exhausted after all this has happened and the next day I just want to sleep. I don’t know what’s going on. The doctor wants to give me an ultrasound but that’s all. The doctor also gave me medicine for the stomach ache which hasn’t helped, I still have been having diarrhea way too often. Any thoughts? (Before starting this I thought dairy and gluten were giving me the issues but I haven’t had gluten or dairy in 40 days) all I know is whenever I have to go to the bathroom I have to run to the bathroom in thay minute because it’s that urgent. Thank you for any answers. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I believe you should get another opinion from another doctor and get it right away.  What you are experiencing could be a number of problems and tests should be done.  Of course you should have an ultrasound but more then that be tested for Crohn disease, gastritis, gallbladder , etc.  I am not a doctor but and old lady with years of common sense.  SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR. just sayin
    Report Reply
  • Posted

Try coming off the diet you are following since it seems to be making things worse.  Some of the foods on the diet may not be agreeing with you. Try a food diary instead.  An ultrasound will help to show if anything untoward is going on.  This is a good starting point that your doctor has suggested.  See your doctor again and say that the medicine has not helped.
    Report Reply
  • Posted

You need to go back to your doctor....try a 50 billion Flora urgent  care probiotic....and eat the BRAT diet as suggested, banana, rice, applesauce and toast only for at least a week...continue with the probiotic, it is the most important to continue with.  Come off what you are eating now.  See how this works and if no change go back to your doctor and tell him you want some tests done...good luck
    Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up