Diary of withdrawal - different perspective

Posted , 4 users are following.

Day 7 cold turkey - no change from yesterday in terms of mood - feel fine. i had a very slight 'vertigo' tyoe feeling for a few minutes yesterday (which I had experienced before a year ago when I was cutting down) but didnt bother me. I'm not advocating this radical approach for anyone else, as I may be different - feeling very optimistic and enthused at the moment (may be because I'm off on my hols soon) - will be interesteing to see how I feel after my hols but am determined not to let the 'down; feeling creep in again. Again - I am also learning and reflectiing on my past experiences so this has made me more aware and stronger. Perhaps a lesson (for me anyway) is to wirhdrwal through periods where there is little stress in your life. If I ever do relapse - i will pick up this thread and report it.but at the moment feeling fine - one week going from 20mg to zero (except one tablet mid-week) - and like I said _ I dont advocate this approach - this is just me - one case study.

_ 0 votes F Report g Share

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Received enquiry about my message sent 12 months ago about citalaprasm and side affects. I only take 10mg but after over 10 years was eager to come off them and have been decreasing very gradually over couple of months. now on 1 tab every other day, pleased with how I feel and thought summer definitely best time, glad to hear you came off them, brave to do it so suddenly would like to know how you're feeling at present
  • Posted

I have dropped from 30 to 10 had a wobble first days. But glad to know I'm not on my own in this, this morning I have felt more awake then I have in a long time. Going to take it slow but need of these dangerousness meds thank you
    • Posted

Day 8 of cold turkey. some very minor physical effects but nothing that would make me think it was def the withdrawal symptoms - just a very slight dizzy/verti but isnt unpleasant in anyway and doesnt last for more than 10 minutes. As previously tried - I do not advocate cold turkey-it is an individual choice I have taken as a risk. Anyway .... still feeling fine emotionally. Lots more energy - and seem to a little 'hyper' although not in any abnormal way - in contrast before, when I was on the meds I was tired all the time anyway! Now Im not  (at the moment). I may a tiny little bit more argumentative, but hey - isnt that also allowed ? As before - I was just chilled out and let arguments pass me by. But the arguments are more like short bickers which dont amount to anything. So all in all - not too bad at the moment. I am starting to come up with a theory that the external environment - whether it be work home life, money, relationships - do play a major part in depletion of serotonin/depression - an so when people try to withdraw, but they havent changed their external environment - then the depression creeps back (just a theory - and sounds common sensical). Because for me, my external emnvironment has changed from last year - and so now that I have/am coming off the meds - I am able to cope and enjoy things at the moment. These changes have to be sustained however, and we must learn from the past. 
  • Posted

Very interested to hear your daily report. Still fin it fascinating that you should choose to come off meds col turkey. Very brave. From 30mg too.as I mentioned iamm doing it. Very slowly by now on alt. Days still have that head feeling if I delay my day to take tab on time. Hard to explain it but bet you understand. Him on other meds so not sure if my tiredness is still due to other meds. You're so right about environment,, family etc it all has an affect. Keep well.
  • Posted

Please excuse my text. On new IPad. Not very efficient am I. Hope to improve.
  • Posted

830pm - day 8, feeling a little woozy after having a glass of wine. Did used to have a glass or two when on cit 20mg and was fine - but now not on it, feeling woozy after half a glass. No worries tho - gonna have an early night :-) 
  • Posted

Hello all,  i ended up not updating this thread as was too busy which I think helped with my withdrawal. I also a a tooth abcess appear a month later which caused me so much pain befpre and after surgery that any withdrawal symptoms if there were any, went unnoticed. So its now been 3 months since I cam off citalopram cold turkey. And here I am feeling sorry for myslef and lost. And i wonder - is this just a normal state or is it depression? I really dont know and am so sceptical now. I dont want to go back on the citalopram as after 2 years of a mixed bag with this, i can see how going back on it just numbs my feelings and am game for anything. But ive also noticed a pattern. Its always October when I start to go down. Yes, i thought also that it might be SAD, but that doesnt help, cos the symptoms are still there, and I also question this cos the weeks have been sunny recently. And ive been put in the sunshine everyday. So i think its more to with thetime of the year. Not sure what to do. sad 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you have been feeling so down, not at all surprised after a trauma such as tooth abscess. The after affects must be so draining.

3 months sounds good without the Cital and just be kind to yourself, you

have done so well. Yes, October start of those dark mornings and evenings, not my favourite either, I am still on alternative days of taking cital 10 mg but still weird stomach some days and feeling more anxious but having been on them so long what else can I expect, I listen to calming tapes, panic attack audios on my tablet, they help.

Try to feel positive and treat yourself to something nice as a reward for

all your efforts. keep well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.