Diazepam 2mg & Alcohol

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been prescribed diazepam 2mg 3 times a day along with 40mg fluoxetine. I don't usually drink but I have an event coming up that I'd like to have a couple of drinks at, has anyone else had any experience with these medications and alcohol?? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ohhh yea....if u tryn to remember that night at all dont drink cuz u will b lit
  • Posted

I’m on 20mg Fluoxetine,  curious to know how you find this medication.   I have only been takig it for 3 weeks.  

• Posted

Just wondering how long it was before it takes effect and I suffer with sleeping properly 
    • Posted

Im not sure...google it, google knos all...i suffer from never sleeping either but i been off all meds for almost 7 months now n i have some really bad days but i guess im complicated cuz i use humor to deflect pain n depression...does n e one else do that??
  • Posted

Valium n booze is how u end up in jail or dead...i been there quite a few time, n e kind of benzo mixed wit some booze is usually not good...for me it aint n e ways
  • Posted

Rebecca you are on a very important treatment plan! Do not drink! Do you want to feel better from your depression then listen when the doctors say do not drink. Diane
  • Posted

I very strongly recommend that you do not drink any form of alcohol.

I am not a Doctor but they will all tell you to avoid alcohol when taking certain medications and I know this is one of those medications.

Try sipping on sparkling water or ginger ale instead , you will not regret it !

Best wishes and enjoy the event regardless !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.