Diazepam 2mg vs 2.5mg pill size. I'm really confuse and scare. urgent!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys

For the past 2 years I have been taking 1 round little white pill of diazepam 2mg, well that's what the doctor told me and I can see the prescripcion says: 2mg, but today I didn't have any and I went to the ER doc to give me 3 pills for just 3 days ( I take 1 per night) he said that they only have 2.5mg ... i was kind of , well what to do now..he says, cut it....

When I got the pills i notice that the 2.5mg pill is a little smaller than the 2mg!!! how is that?

is someone playing with me or it's really like that?

Any experience from you guys?

thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Victor,

Sounds like your ER person only had the 2.5mg as they had either run out or didn't carry the 2mg round tablets.

2.5mg is still a fairly small dose so the . 5mg difference shouldn't have any noticeable effect.

You can get some more 2mg ones from your doctor.

Peace 🙏

• Posted

Hi thanks for the quick feedback!

Got a question... if i take the 2.5 once and then I back to 2mg the next day, will I get any bad symptoms?

• Posted

Hi Victor,

You will not get 'any bad symptoms' from a temporary . 5mg increase .

Peace 🙏

• Posted

Just google the pill by the numbers on it. You can look up diazepam 2mg or diazepam 2 mg and ask what the pill looks like. I just did it. Maybe that will help. They might have given you a higher dose. Be careful these pills can mess up your life. Very hard to come off of. Hope this helps. Ruby

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.