Diazepam use only after an evening of drinking

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. After a binge evening of drinking alcohol, I have terrible anxiety the next day and need to take up to 12mg of Diazepam, paced through the day in 2mg tablets. Anyone know why?

Currently take 100mg Sulpiride/20mg Escitalopram each morning.

Thx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Alcohol significantly increases your heart rate, dehydrates you and is a depressant. It's probably more the side effects of alcohol intake than actual anxiety causing your symptoms. You should try to stop drinking.
  • Posted

I get the same after a lot of alcohol. I feel anxious all day and like my insides are churning I also feel really depressed for a good few days after a night drinking. I worry about things I might have said etc etc and get myself in a right state. I've decided I'm not drinking anymore because a few hours drinking really aren't worth the two days of anxiety that follows. 
    • Posted

thanks Nicola.  i'm exactly the same. if i have 3 or 4 beers, i'm ok. more than that and the anxiety kicks in all the next day. i wonder what the scientific reason is. 
  • Posted

Ps it's the fact that alcohol is a depressant, dehydration and the rubbish nights sleep that comes with excessive alcohol that causes your anxiety. 
    • Posted

thx. why don't all people suffer with it ?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.