did anyone feel like knot in their chest with their gall bladder

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I posted a few weeks ago, when I had right sided discomfort for a few weeks and a bit of nause on and off, and also threw up some acid, and a niggling pain..

With a radical change of diet it has settled right down, when i lay flat on the bed with no pillow it feels like there is something there like a knot or a something but without pressing it, if you can under stand that. I was wondering how much over eating affects your gall bladder, as ive have been eating more healthy and less, but i dont eat much during the day and eat more at night time... The dr hasnt said i need a scan yet, ive been like this on and off for 10 years, but it dont seem to be affected by food, i hate some hot chips baked in the oven and a chicken sausage the other day grilled that was 12 percent fat, and no problems afterwards at all i felt better after eating but im still having the other symptons.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Aaron,  I think over eating affects your gallbladder.  For me, the best thing was to eat frequent (every 2 to 3 hours) small meals and avoid fatty and acidic foods.  You might have some sort of hernia.  Suggest you let your MD know and ask for a scan, because something is going on.  Best of luck!
  • Posted

hi thank you  i will mention it at my next check up, when the last dr pressed there about 10 yrs ago she said gall bladder. but i never had a scan and its come and gone since the but its defo related to over eating .. im really trying with low fat and smoothies
    • Posted

You're welcome!  I found out I had gallstones when I was in my 40's.  I said to myself "Oh, well."  I was young and feeling fine, eating whatever I wanted.  No one told me what I should look out for.  By the time I got really sick, 20 years later it took lots of time to find answers and a surgeon who was willing to remove my gallbladder (my ultrasound wasn't conclusive and I wasn't having the "classic" symptoms of attacks).  Then, when I began to speak to other people with gall bladder problems they described people who had waited too long to do something and had their gallbladders rupture.  If there's something going on, I think best to take care before you have an emergency!  Take care!confused 
    • Posted

thanks lynda my dr is happy to leave the scan until later as I have had no other problems and they think it could be ucler related on the plus side ive lost 12 kgs
    • Posted

thank you i sure will, saldy its 4 months if i need a scan, but because I had have no BAD pain attacks etc,... im just hoping it will settle down or is something else, but i have learnt alot off here and also the diet advice has been great.
  • Posted

did anyone feel like knot in their chest with their gall bladder  that was what i really wanted to know thank you
    • Posted

Well yes and I have gallstones but I've also got a hernia so it's difficult to know which is causing it. I'm inclined to think it's the hernia. When you go to bed do you sometimes wake coughing and swallowing a lot? Since I was treated for acid related to the hernia I don't get that any more. My gallbladder pain has been classic, right hand side under the ribs, like a stitch and sometimes a dull ache, sometimes stabbing pain round into my back and shoulder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.