Did I catch the flu??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a severe fear of sickness and I saw my grandma who had a flu virus. I saw her 6 days after her symptoms began, and I am terrified that I have caught something from her. Is it possible that I could have caught something? It has been 3 days since I have seen her, so how long would it take if I did catch something for symptoms to develop? Please help sad I'm terrified.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did you hug and kiss her? Didnt you get a vaccine? Dont be scared. This is how you build an immune system. Dont you want a good strong immune system. 
    • Posted

There is a product.. elderberries..sambucus it deletes the flu. 
    • Posted

deters or if you ar sick kills it*
    • Posted

What about stomach viruses. I'm terrified of them. I have OCD. I obsess on it all the time, especially when my daughter is in school. Does it interact with any medications?

• Posted

aimee

If your gran has had the flu six days ago and you have just seen her three days ago hopefully you should be ok. Did She not have Her flu jab. before christmas.

I would imagine yesterday about forty eight hours or so after seeing her, I think.

How is She now, ok, good luck

BOB

BOB

• Posted

Hi hope u are feeling OK.

Sounds like you need to tackle your fear of sickness. Trust me, I was once a hypochondriac (not saying u are btw) and was paranoid that I'd got this and that. I got over it eventually because I threw myself into teaching.

Talking to a doctor or therapist is a start. Like someone else said getting ill is good for bolstering ur immune system but you don't want this fear of getting ill to rule your life.

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.