Did I do the right thing?

Posted , 3 users are following.

What a nightmare! I have been given the runaround by the hospital. They have left me very confused. Can i ask when you had/if you have had a gastroscopy under general anaesthesic, did you have it in the morning or the afternoon and was it near a hospital you could get to? My hospital have buggered mine up, they do a premed assessment, then some daft idiot sends me a letter about the gastritis, NOT premeds. SHE got this wrong! Do i scream at the hospital or the department? Who would you be cross with? I feel like not going now, the hospital is far away! Help!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Can't comment on your situation but frankly the NHS is sh#te! My hospital accused me of canceling mine and i had done NO SUCH THING. I eventually had mine 6 months after being referred due to the mistakes and bungles. Lucky i had nothing serious as the mistakes and bungles could cost lives due to late treatment!

Unless you can go private you're stuck with it i suppose Sam.

• Posted

Hi Matt, i don't mind waiting. I realise my camera isn't life threatening, i have followed the process done what they've said but at this late stage they're not buggering this up through some dopey young girls' comment about what she thought i wss doing next week. Just sort my camera!!!👹👺👿😾😿

• Posted

Hi Sam,I had a gastroscopy and because i didn't like things down my throat ,i had deep sedation which is one level from general anaesthetic and was done and back in the land of awake within 30 minutes.I had mine down late morning but still had to be at hospital at least 1/2 hours to check my bp ,etc.Mine was done in a local hospital only because there was space, otherwise it would not be local.Please note that the letter they send to is correct as they do pre med at the hospital ,however what they check is too do as gastritis,so they did send it right.Can i ask you what area you live in please

• Posted

Hi Sam,1 other thing is if you want a local hospital you would have too wait some time.

• Posted

Hi marsh, i am in Leicester and i wouldn't mind but i have already had premeds hence the confusion. I have simply seen my doctor because the dip of a girl who spoke to me a few days ago said these were premeds again. I am phoning the hospital on Monday. I need to know what has happened, i'm not trying to be awkward but the hospital they have suggested is far away and my husband and i don't drive. Also the appointment is 1.30 and i have low blood pressure and irritable bowel (well that's what they thought?) So have asked for a morning appointment. It's just easier all round.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.