Did I have a seizure?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry I'm new to this but I'm looking for opinions on what happened to me the other day. I'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place.

I have spoken to my dr about this and he thinks it is just anxiety. As this has happened before.

Yesterday I was sitting down with some friends playing a game of cards. Felt fine. All of the sudden I noticed that my vision was getting blurry with a rush of adrenaline/ light headed. I quickly blinked my eyes to see if it would help. It made it worse. I started getting dizzy. Felt like I was about to black out! My eyes and head started to get heavy to where I just closed my eyes and leaned my head slightly over: I did not loose consciousness. I was aware of everything. At this point I felt anxious and scared. I was confused at what was going on. So I decided to run my eyes and when I opened my eyes back up everything went back to normal. What happened???

I am not epileptic. I have sever anxiety and panic disorder. I think there is something wrong with my 24/7. This has happened to me before a few years ago and at the time my dr said it was stress. But as I am constantly anxious and scared, I'm worried I may have had a seizure. I'm hoping someone can tell me what they think. I do not know anything about seizure.

Btw my friends didn't even know I was "acting" funny.

I've looked it up and since I was aware of everything and did not loose control of my arms or anything, it fits the partial seizure?

The only thing I can think of is 3 weeks ago I weaned off of klonopin for my anxiety. I weaned off over a years time. So I don't think that could of possibly caused this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention that when I was beginning to get dizzy and the sensation of blacking out, it felt as if my brain just turned off! Like my brain was wiped clean.
  • Posted

Hi katie.. sorry to hear about your horrid experience.. Dont blame you for asking questions & wanting to find out about seizure activity.. I do suffer with seizures BUT I pass out completely.   I wake up feeling fuzzy & faint not to forget the pain I endured on my colapse.. I have had countless trips to hospital or though my seizures are tonic clonic seizures..  Stress & anxiety can perhaps be to blame for your unfortunate experience hun..  Anxiety itself is enough to feel anxious and scared about while going through that storm..  You could also be suffering the effects of coming off the meds also..  I hope you are feeling better soon hun.. HUGS 

• Posted

That is what I'm thinking. It may just have been anxiety and the stress. Very scary though! Intense vertigo. Anxiety can be evil at times. The intense sudden virtigo is what scared me. Almost as if my brain had shut down.

• Posted

It could be any number of things, I have Grand Mal ceizures although I haven't had one in 17 years but you never know when they are going to hit. Anxiety has a big role in them coming on. You can get ceizures without having epilepsy. Mine were traced when i was 9 but never had an actual one until i was the age of 15!

Good luck and hope you feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.