Diffence between been ill or anxious

Posted , 6 users are following.

how can you tell he different? I mean I know I am anxious but when I get a dodgy stomach n feel abit sick and shaky how do I know if it's anxiety or not something like Ibs?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

What symptoms do you have? Have you been to your dr?
    • Posted

I recently Had a colonoscopy so wait for the results just a dodgy stomach sickness and shaky but eating makes me anxious because of this so I don't know
    • Posted

I had the same and the results came back clear and was then diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder, have been on sertraline for 5 months now and all seems pretty much back to normal
    • Posted

I was on citalopram for 4 weeks and it was horrendous so switched to sertraline and it's been amazing, first 4 weeks were crap with side effects and the feeling of wanting to die, but it got better and better and with getting rid of caffeine and drinking peppermint tea and camomile tea which helps calm the gut, and mindfulness meditation im almost back to normal, but it has taken nearly 5 months to get to this stage, starting cbt next week aswell
    • Posted

I was so ill on citralopram I had to leave my kids n hubby and stay with my parents! I stopped taking them so I want to avoid tablets! I will try peppermint tea! I also start cbt mines dec1st
    • Posted

Just try to avoid all stimulants, like caffeine, high sugar stuff. Manuka honey is high in probiotics, I have a table spoon a day thats good for stomach flora but it is expensive about £20 a pot.
    • Posted

U.K. You can buy it from Holland and Barrett or health/organic shop
  • Posted

Anxious is a feeling of fear and your whole body is over reacting to every thiught. Its a state of panic. Illness is different. You are sick you know you are sick but the anxiety drags your mind to dying, nit breathing...etc..illness a solutely triggers anxiety illnesses and diagnosis is what triggers me.the digestive system is very snsitive to stress and emotiins in general. We are animals keep that in mind, yes humans but the body when in fight or flight or high anxiety levels is set up to fight so no one would be hungry at this point. But when it occurs a lot the a cids and balance in the gut is set off balance and then comes illness and stomach issues. Most if not all very anxious people have digestive issues, and if they dont they will.
  • Posted

Holly:  If you have a history of anxiety and/or depression, it is most likely that making your stomach go queezy....I get it all the time...You may want to have some Xrays done just to make sure, but I can tell you...anxiety can make you sick all over!!
  • Posted

I have this problem whrn I am hungry and I cant sleep I think its my anxiety so I worry about it. I need to stop think8ng about it and j7sy eat something

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.