Difference between allergy pnd and lpr pnd?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

The only symptom I have is clearing my throat because I fee mucus but it doesn't bother me a lot with eating. Like I'll clear my throat after eating but it's not nonstop mucus being produced and only my right side burns a little bit in my throat but my right nostrils is always clogged which makes me think it's allergies. I usually took nasal sprays starting in February but I didn't take any until end of July which means I'm pretty much screwed until allergy season ends right?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds to me like you have silent reflux not allergies
    • Posted

Tell me why it seems like that? When I use my Neti pot I feel totally fine then for a few hours. Which again makes me think allergies
    • Posted

For years I had my right nostril clogged most of the time.  I have always had asthma and allergies so naturally I figured it was allergies.  Until I went Vegan with in 3 days my nose cleared up completely, it was some months after that that I also realized I had silent reflux as well. So you may have both or it could be just allergies but with the mucus in your throat and the throat burning it makes me think reflux. The neti pot will clear your nose even with reflux for a short time, it helped me too
    • Posted

My main ent doc said it was allergies twice and the damage in my throat was allergy induced but then I took a second opinion and the doc said very mild reflux. I stress a lot about it and it makes it worse. When I take a Xanax it basically goes away. I really only have little mucus when clearing my throat and throat clearing sometimes more some days then other. Gotten a lot better the last couple weeks. Going for check up on the 30th. I can still drink pop and beer and eat whatever without a problems

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up