Different Mirtazapine ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm being refused Mirtazapine Zispin at the Chemist unless Doctor write Zispin  on prescription. due to cost. £20 to £30 Difference

Insead i'm being offered Mirtazapine by Aurobindo. I have tried these but i don't feel they work same.  I feel on edge most of time.

Has anyone had to go through same.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't start a new brand if you've been happy on zispin, the active ingridient may be the same but the whole drug isn't. I'd go back to your gp or call his secretary and should be able to do new prescription and swap. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi Alan,

Mirt should cost £2 not £20 for a month, as it's off it's patent period now. I buy it from Tesco chemist for that sort of money. As far as I can see the only psycho-active component of your Zispin is Mirtazapine. Anyone else know about this? David.

• Posted

I pay around £8 for my prescription, how do you manage to get mirtazapine for £2 ?
    • Posted

Hi Sunset  How are you doing now?  Are the Mirtazaapine still working for you?

Pat

• Posted

Hi Pat, yes I am doing well thankyou! I think the mirtazapine is going really well for me. How are you? How is mirtazapine going for you, are you still taking it?
    • Posted

Hi Sunset I didn't get on with the Mirt.  I kept on 30 for 8 weeks and then increased to 45 but that was awful.  I am back on Venlafaxine first 75 mg no good and now for 12 days 150mg.  All I do is lay in bed or on th sofa.  Keep waiting for it to kick in.

I often think of you when you said you didn't have the energy for the gym.  At that time I was going regularly now I am like you no energy.  Glad to hear you are keeing well.

Pat

• Posted

Ah sorry to hear you haven't found anything to work for you yet, I do hope that you start feeling better soon! I'd say now I have the energy to go to the gym, I just haven't got the motivation to go, I'm terrible. I really want to go because I think I would start enjoying it and might meet people and all that sort of thing, but I just can't get myself shifted to go, I just end up sitting around on my laptop or watching tv all day.
    • Posted

You have got plenty of time Suset.  Just enjoy what you are doing as it is obviously working.  So pleased for you.

Pat

• Posted

The NHS has a fixed price for us, but some drugs are cheaper than some dearer. Mirt happens to be one that is very cheap, like paracetamol. It's easy to make and off patent so anyone can make it. Anyone can buy it directly from the chemist with a prescription from a doc, it does not have to be via NHS GP. Finding a non NHS doc is the trick. Cheers, David.
  • Posted

Surely they are the same thing, just a different manufacturer i would think.
  • Posted

Thank you all for taking time out to reply to my quiery, i speak to doc tuesday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.