Different symptoms

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi diagnosed with diverticular disease in October, managed ok since then with odd cramps, 3 weeks ago had really bad episode and since then have have pain and cramps not only in lower left side but has now started aching in top left side, moves over across stomach under breast area and then into right side, is this still DD. It is relieved a bit with buscopan and eating blander foods. I also suffer with GERD and it may be this also. Crappy getting older when all these things kick in. I am only 56 so not that old. Have started taking probiotic tablets and these seem to help as well.,

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sounds normal for DD. I find where the gut runs under the stomach there is a bend at each end .The right side rising and left bend falls down to the bum.I start with wind trapped on the left bend which builds up under the stomach and traps again on right bend.The trapped wind under the stomach pushes up which can cause Gerd.. I have used charcol tablets to help relieve this but be careful if taking other prescribed pills,as these can be affected by charcoal. Ask Gp. for fybergel as this can help to keep things moving around the gut. Good luck with control as this complaint is a right pain in the Arse.
    • Posted

Hi Hydro, your explanation is exactly it, I get so much wind lately and as you say it does move around I lie in bed feeling it move from side to side, good to know if you see what I mean that it is all related, did not want gall stones as well. I do take fybogel but only 1 every couple of days, did not know GP could prescribe as I use a lot, what with the buscopan as well it costs a fortune. I got some more probiotics today and just the one seems to have calmed the pain. Have a nice day
  • Posted

PROBIOTIC CAPSULES are your  (and mine ) saviour.

Never looked back since August last year 

I got tired of telling everyone about them, so I stopped,

as no one took any notice.

Two a day  O.K.???

• Posted

Hi I brought the ASDA ones (not sure if you are in UK) with Calcium (green box £3.25) and after 1 week felt better, but then ran out. I got some more today and just the 1 has already made a difference. I think they are better than the drinks. I have tried lots of other things but these do really help and I feel less bloated as well. Take care
    • Posted

I really don't want to say """told you so "" but the capsules do work, and it's no probs .as they don't go out of date

I buy from H&B  there's 100 in a jar, I usually wait until one of their 

offers then get two Glad you are feeling O.K I can't  quite believe I'm in charge of this  problem,but 9 months of  "no pain " proves it. 

• Posted

No Probs.

Mega Potency

Acidophilus with Pectin

100 in a jar

You won't be sorry.

Jacqueline

P.S Take 2 per day  breakfast, and dinner

• Posted

yep,PROBIOTIC CAPSULES/ tablets. I now take one every other day. ,convinced they help.
    • Posted

TWO A  DAY   !!!!!

A.M and P.M

Give 'em a chance to build up in your system

• Posted

Me too, taking probiotics twice a day especially as I've been on 2 lots of antibiotics this month already (DD and flu).  Think they really help
  • Posted

Hello

I too was diagnosed with DD last October after suffering a sudden perforation.Very scary! Managed to escape after a week in hospital on antibiotics and more orally at home. Still had pains for a few months but recently it seemed to be getting better. Until ten days ago -pain back in lower left groin area. Very disappointing! I am 60. Have read everything there is to read on diet etc and dont know what else I can do.

This pain is throbbing and very draining. Very scared.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply, yes all this is annoying to say the least, I have 3 good weeks, then 1 bad, my pain is still top left handside and going across under ribs, last night woke feeling so sick, took an acid tablet which did dull it, my acid is bad too but the constant what I call gnawing pains make life so miserable. I stupidly had spag bol on Tuesday night and it seems that I just cannot have tomatoes and this is what sets me off, I did have fruit as well so probably all my own fault, which is such a pain as I am now relegated to a beige diet. Sorry to hear you had a week in hospital, I have been lucky so far and controlled it myself without a stay in hospital. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.