Different types of attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been suffering an attack for over two wks now, only had one drop attack fortunately but lots of dizzy spells hearing loss and increased tinnitus the usual stuff, thought it was abating last couple of days but woke today and the roaring in my ear is almost unbearable so back to square one, this attack seems never ending starting to feel very depressed about it now, just wondering if others share similar attacks to this lasting for over two wks would be great to get some feedback from others just to know I'm not alone in this thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dadlew. Can't really offer you any advice but try to lighten your possible depression by telling you you are definitely not alone. We are all different for some it clears up reasonably quickly others not so. I felt like you finding the noise spinning etc totally unbearable having had it for so long. Menieres is a loathsome illness not helped by lack of understanding. But this Forum has given me the strength to cope a little better. We are all here for you and just ,et it all out! I did. Mentally feel stronger so good luck. Always just an email away.

• Posted

What a horrible time you are having. I really feel for you. Hopefully this active phase will die down soon. What medication are you taking? Are you on a regime of Betahistine? If so, increase the dose now and see your doctor to prescribe a higher dose. I'm on double dose and it has been fabulous, plus a diuretic bendrofluoromethazide a day. Also to help you now, if someone can go to the chemist for you and buy stugeron off the shelf, no prescription, that might help now.

Best of everything, the phase youre in can't last forever, stay strong.

• Posted

Hi thanks for reply, I'm currently on 16mg betahistine 3x a day but only been on them 2 wks, doctor won't up the dosage until ENT tell him am waiting on appointment with them but could be wks away until they see me, also started on the stugeron couple days ago, just can't wait for this to pass and get back to a normal life again

• Posted

I expect you know Betahistine takes up to a month to become effective. And you probably need a much higher dose. Suggest if you have been seen by ENT in past that you call consultant's secretary and request he/she write to your GP to permit higher dosage. FYI I have gone as high as 64mg tds and am permitted to go higher if required.

Best of luck.

• Posted

Thanks for that yea I was gonna phone the secretary on Monday as I got my appointment through but not till 18th September so I will ask if they can put me on higher until I see them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.