Difficult situation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

So this something hard to talk about for me and I don't really have people to talk about it.

I'm dealing with heavy anxiety and depression for 2 years now. I lost friends, school, job.. Well actually everything. I'm trying my best to get back on track, but it isn't going quickly. I'm busy to build up rhythm again with work by starting one hour a week and build it up from there. I am 19 year old male.

Back to my original question. The word relationship is something I really banned out of my head, because it makes me depressed to think about. I feel not worthy for everyone and I don't want people to suffer their lives for my own problems which I am working on. Well, now is it that I have therapy at my psychologist and their is a trainee where I feel attracted to who I have a conversation to once a month. I am afraid of rejection and that I can't handle more negative things in my life. I never had a relationship in my life, so basically beside my anxiety disorder it is also normal that it is more difficult. I don't know what I should do..

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

you have every right to have a great relationship in your life, but right now, it would be best to continue working on getting the depression and anxiety under control so you van have a healthy and happy relationship. no one you meet is perfect, so dont feel you arent worthy of someone special. you just need time to feel better and feel stronger so discuss this with the counselor.

now isnt the time for a serious relationship, but it will happen .

work On yourself for now for YOU! not for anyone else. YOU need to feel good about yourself FIRST!

Listen to positive self affirmations on you tube to build confidence, meditations for anxiety and depression. etc

GET HELP FROM THE COUNSELOR

Remind yourself what is special about you daily.

Take care! ❤

• Posted

i want to start off by saying that what you are going through happens to so many people, the psychology world has been able to pinpoint almost every detail of what it is thats happening to you. thats pretty fascinating an hopefully a little encouraging to know youre not alone and its not just you. as far as the relationship question, you its a trainee at your therapy? i would bet to say that it would be very strictly against forming an outside of the office relationship. you definitely wouldnt want to start off in a already vulnerable situation with that kind of pressure. sometimes i think a relationship is good for us and brings light to our day. but its also hard and difficult and bring a lot of stress. can you accept the challenges it would bring? talk to your therapist if it would be a good idea to start one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.