Posted , 4 users are following.

Increased dose to 30mg 10days ago

Sleep still disrupted and real difficulty getting up in the mornings 

Is this normal?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun

Through my experience it is normal! It’s still early days so may take a bit longer for your sleep to settle. Citalopram has a sort of sedative effect so try taking it earlier in the evening so the sedation effect kicks in earlier which might help you sleep and might relieve the morning grogginess. 

It still has time to settle down though. Your brain chemistry is changing with the tablets so things are bound to be a bit disrupted for a short time. It’s temporary though so go with it if you can. 

• Posted

this can be one of the side effects of this medication.the longer you take this the less the side effects will become
  • Posted

I had the same issue - I notice the side bed rail helps me to get out of bed in the morning -Consider side bed rail

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.