Difficulty taking the drug

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi people, these tablets are definitely working for my mood. My body is not liking them though, so I stopped taking them for about 4 days, Now I am feeling anxious and depressed again. Today I wanted to end it all, so i started taking the pill again.

I have 2 young children, and I know how much they mean to mean, but I am so scared about taking these pills and not recovering.

I don;t like my job and I am dreading going back to my silly part time work. What should I do? Can anyone offer me some advice/

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have been on citalopram for nearly a year, so I know what you mean. Dont think it is a good idea to stop taking it, I tried this and felt worse trying to get back into taking them again. The only thing I did not like was that I did pick up a little weight but feeling better mentally far outweighed any side effects. Hope you feel better soon. It is really hard when you have a busy life but i called upon everyone to help me with kids, housework etc for the first month.

• Posted

I just wanted to thank Catz for encouraging me to take this drug. I have had good and bad days, but this last week has been the best so far.

So thanks Catz, I hope you are as good!

Katy :D

• Posted

Good medication but takes 2-4 weeks to take effect. Whatever you do DON't just stop taking them, you will feel MUCH worse than before you took them at all.

Just gradually lower the dosage over 1-2 months and phase them out and it will be fine. You just can't stop taking them though.

From my experiences

Andy

• Posted

Please keep taking the tablets ive been on them for about 6 weeks now and up til last week i beleaved that i would neva get better but today i smiled for the first time in along while now i can beleave that things will get better it just takes time keep your chin up DARKSHADOW

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up