Difficulty thinking

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone ever had difficulty thinking? Like they can't think at all, and does it go away? I hope it doesnt mean im dying...

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Doesn't sound like you have difficulty thinking if you're thinking up these obsurd ways you could be dying..

Yes brain fog is a common symptom of anxiety stress depression etc it's accompanied by a lot of mental health problems. And to your worry - no you're not dying from it, so don't worry yourself.

• Posted

Hi!! If your thinking your having difficulty thinking your going to have difficulty thinking! If you no what I mean! Are you having a stressful time at the moment? Work worries money or relationship worries? Your not going to die because you can't consentrate on thinking! Try some relaxation techniques they work for me!
    • Posted

I've had dififcultly thinking for over a month. Nothing helps... relationship problems yes. School and grades yes. Medical problems yes. I feel like I've lost the ability to think completely.
    • Posted

I'm not good at mindfulness I've tried it before..
    • Posted

It's not something you have to be good at.. It's a method in which you can look at your thoughts differently. Don't do what I did and get stuck in the mindset that you're going to find the answer googling symptoms or asking your doctor or going a&e. Cause that makes you more anxious more tired stressed achey your thoughts will race etc. you need to just stop and accept it. It's what it is. So what if you have a pain every now and then. So what if your brain feels foggy. You're not passed out on the floor dying. Nothing's happening other than you racing to try find an answer when the answer is right here. — You have anxiety.

The best thing you can do wih anxiety is stop fighting it. So look into relaxation methods changing your diet exercising more getting a hobby you enjoy maybe take some natural remedies some nice tea's cut down on stimulants. And just accept everything for what it is.

Good luck Daniel.

• Posted

Alright thanks. I don't have much I enjoy except talking to my one friend but lately she doesn't want to talk to me so im kind of sad. But I'm trying to enjoy myself. Quite tired all the time too.
    • Posted

It's a symptom of anxiety, I was tired 24/7. Having a friend not support us can cause more anxiety but you can't focus your attention on that. There's billions of people on earth. There's lots of anxiety support groups, depression support groups you could go to these and these people will definitely understand you, think positively my friend you'll get back to normal.

Sorry to be blunt before but I wish someone was blunt to me when I was at my worst. Get in contact with a charity called MIND. Or IAPT. They're both great and will support you. Good luck

• Posted

No doesn't mean ur gonna die. I agree with the others it's more anxiety related. Some times I feel like I'm off somewhere far away it's an odd feeling mainly my anxiety is around my health especially heart related so most days I think I'm gonna die. You are not alone
    • Posted

To me mate, that sounds fantastic. You're healthy.
    • Posted

Again like me u have had the test but you are not believing what you are being told and that's one of the biggest problems with anxiety if we actually accepted this we would probably feel better
    • Posted

Yep. It's a common (very common) symptom of anxiety. Coming on these websites and checking symptoms and seeing doctors are all safety behaviours to keep you trapped in a cycle of anxiety. To put it laymans terms, imagine you're a child again back at school its first day of school and you're worried and anxious of going back, you skip school cause it makes you feel too anxious and ill, and over the days and weeks it gets harder and harder to do. Whereas if you went to school on the first day you could have made loads of friends had a good time learnt some stuff etc. you're doing the same with your anxiety and health. You believe something bad is going to happen if you leave yourself untested and in treated.

You need to see a therapist. Ask your GP you need to challenge these thoughts and behaviours. Stop fearing yourself. You're healthy. smile best of luck guys.

• Posted

Hi, Daniel:  Sweetie, most likely, you are not dying...Anxiety/depression messes our thinking and concentration up something awful...I am being treated with antidepressants and also light therapy for SAD...Seasonal Affective Disorder....Hope you feel better soon.  Just keep knowing that you are NOT dying...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.