Digestion

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello my lovelies

I hope we are all ok !

Just started to get the feeling of bloating and kind of wind,rumbling and digestion Pangs. Hope this makes Sence.

Anyone else ?

Thank you

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ginger tea is what my doctor just recommended yesterday. Try it hope it helps.
    • Posted

Also, avoid white bread of any type and sugary drinks/foods. Avoid milk chocolate and anything with soy in it.
  • Posted

have to identify with carmen and maxine, doctor refused to acknowledge any link up between peri and hypoglycaemia

made me look a foolredface

• Posted

Sorry gentle but they're right. Hypoglycemia is a disease class on its own mosty common in those with diabetes. Are you a diabetic? If you are then that's a whole different story, because you'd be briefed on it if you were and what to do if you were in that state of distress.
    • Posted

I'm irritable at the moment anyway, but for my gp to make me look like I'm going mad, is making me feel like I wanna look for a better one? He has no sympathy at all, and just keeps saying I need anti depressants which I've tried and they just don't agree with me, I just need him to understand instead of looking through me, my partner is brilliant and sympathises with means he has seen me go through this, but I think I'm driving him mad too! , hopefully we all come out the other side a lot wiser and better😂 As I'm such a worrier now about every little thing and situations that prob will never happen! Just wanna be me for a while again x
    • Posted

Glad you brought up this Pat. If you google 'permimenopause and hypoglycemia"  you will come across many ladies who have corroborated the fact that menopause does cause low blood sugar. Hypo is not a disease by itself but a symtpom. The outward effects of this are the same- nausea, shakiness, cold tingling extremities etc etc

the only difference with diabetes is that for diabetes it is caused by taking disproportionate medicines for it  ( insulin). But in permeno it can be caused without diabetes medicines. For diabetes the cure is taking in sugar but for hypoglycemia in peri pause it is important to take protein- sugar is a big no no...because it will bring about another crash soon after.

Hypoglycemia can be of many types - in reactive hypo if you measured the blood sugar there and then it might not show a significant drop but the symptoms may be the same. such hypos are brought about by the irregular movement of food in the food pipe.

theres a lot to read up on that subject. the net and its forums and the ladies know more about perimeno than the docs. Many ladies are taking print outs of forum threads to convince docs about their experiences ( esp for hypoglycemia and internal vibraitons

• Posted

Possibly, I intuitively started eating meat to help me from feeling low in energy. Rather than take in carbs I opted for protein, it was the best food decision I made. Maybe this is the secret to feeling as if they're not hypoglycemic. It certainly worked for me.
    • Posted

I don't blame you I certainly would took. Maybe look for a gynecologist rather than a go.
    • Posted

boiled eggs are the best food on the planet

when i go out i always take protein/whey bars that i bought online, make me feel full for a long time

• Posted

Against the wishes of my friend she kept telling me to avoid meat because it was causing me hot flashes but once I decided to try it boy was I happy. I really needed it.

Funny, boiled eggs put me to sleep, I love eggs but I avoid boiled unless I'm at home. I completely forgot that they put me to sleep, and usually do nuts but bars I never did like.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.