Digestion and other symptoms related?? Anyone else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone else notices this. And if I've posted about this before I apologize...can't remember half the time what I'm complaining about and what I'm not LOL

Sometimes, when I start to feel that bad day coming on, (for me it always starts w/an uneasy feeling in my head, sometimes a pain in the back of my head, other times just an "empty/woozy" feeling in my head/upper neck area) It always makes me anxious, because even though I should be used to it after like 10 months, I'm not, and of course I think I'm having a stroke or something. 

Anyways, when it starts, I get health anxiety immediately. (of course) and then get the feeling that something is in my throat, then comes the woozy vision, can still see fine, but "feels like" I'm gonna suddenly not be able to? Does that make sense?? Then the obvious ever presenting palpitations....because you know...#anxiety....

One thing I HAVE noticed though, and sorry for TMI, is that constipation comes often within my cycle, usually after I start my period, and then it'll go away after a day or two. That being said, it's never like a week or something, but just annoying digestion issues. 

I'll notice that when I feel this head/throat/anxiety issue, that it'll be accompanied by either a very talkative stomach lol, and/or on the heels of a day or two w/o a bowel movement, and then once the symptoms get really bad....BOOM....there's the missing bowel movement. 

After that the symptoms will subside for a little while, maybe 30 minutes or so, then usually come back for a few hours before they subside later in the day. 

Does ANYONE relate to this at all??

Also, today is day 5 of my period and it seems to be on it's way out. 

Any relation or knowledge about what our hormones are possibly doing on day 5, or the "end" of your period? 

Just looking for possibly information from anyone who knows about these specific things. 

I DO know that "gut brain health" are connected. But just looking for any other info if anyone has it. 

Hope you're all hanging in there today! It's a semi-rough one for me, last like 8 days. For 3 days before I started, then really bad the first 3 days, then tapered off yesterday, and started again today semi-rough. 

SO thankful for all of you here! 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes!!  If I skip a day without a BM I definitely feel it in many ways.  There is definitely a relation.  But is it the bowl that causes it or is it the hormones that cause it all to happen at the same time?  I have no idea.  But I do know that a good bathroom visit most often clears up many symptoms in one sitting.  lol!
  • Posted

Hi Im not sure its the same but for about a year I used to get a sort of stiffness and soreness  in back of neck upper shoulders hiuge anxiety and accompanied by stomach gurgling and upset. Very random but very bad in my 50 th year. Would feel like collapsing and the only thing helped was going to bed until it passed. Was also getting headaches. I havent had it recently. I also was getting v bad and sudden reactions to sugar eg hot chocolate etc.. hope it passes for you. 
  • Posted

Hi, Cforce, have something like it I get indegistion and but bit heart burn, then I feel awful in the tummy in general my insides feels weird yesterday and that includes my heart racing everthing upset Lol nervous system also can get effected.
  • Posted

I've got all kinds of bathroom issues. And now, with my gall bladder gone, I'm not sure what's related to what. For awhile I thought taking Vitamin B was causing me to run to the bathroom with diarrhea and for awhile it seemed to help not taking it, but then I cycled around and it happened again. I think it's cycle related, I just haven't tracked it to see how. But I do know that I would always empty out right as I was getting my period. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.