Digestive issues and brain fog

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Having a bit of a rough go these last few weeks, and am convinced it is all menopause related, but I find coming on here and reading your words to be very reassuring.

For most of the month of July, I have been having digestive issues- nausea, painful gas in my stomach and abdomen as soon as I eat, lack of appetite, and weight loss. It's very upsetting! On top of that, I often have major brain fog. I can't think straight at all! And it feels like my head is fully of cotton.

I have an amazing doctor, and booked phone appointment for tomorrow, but thought I'd come on here, in case you ladies have any words of wisdom or encouragement. Have a great day.

2 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Next
  • Edited

hi cindy ive had these digestive issues for months now bloating, no appetite, running to the loo first thing in the morning, nausea & feeling like i have something stuck in my throat. its just horrible ive lost some weight too so forcing myself to eat at the moment its awful. i think i probably have acid reflux but spend a lot of time in bed because im so exhausted, good luck at the docs let me know what they advise x

• Edited

I've had the sensation of something stuck in my throat a lot!! Doc said it could be hormones. Could be gall bladder related. I suspect it isn't- I had my gall bladder removed 7 years ago. Can't imagine this is suddenly appearing now! I've got myself convinced it is menopause related- especially when I read the comments of the many good ladies on here. Take care!!

• Posted

hi sorry to interupt

but i am similar to yourself

been having awful digestive issues and bloating and no appetite

i am defo peri too

i called gp today regarding my stomach issues and dr asked me to do a stool test asap!

my anxiety is sky high

i did the test and handed in soo embarresing she put on form

suspected "helicopacter pylori"

i tjought "wat the hell"

wont get results till tues sooo scared

xxxx

• Posted

ps she said i could have infection in stomach

i also noticed my last blood tests showed i had low folic acid and low vit d

never had this before

all soo scary

also have awful sore boobs ,palps, bad sleep and anxiety on top

i thought these stomach issues were part of peri menopause

my period was 38 days apart normal 28

feeling sooo scared x

• Posted

i have the exact same symptoms

i called gp

had to do a stool sample

as told her my symptoms

bloating

acid coming back up in throat and left rib feels uncomfatable

get results on tues for "helicopacter pylori

i tjought she was gunna give me acid reflux tabs but said i need to take this test

its a parasite i read in stomach and can cause havoc

xxx

hoping somone on here has been through this

xxx

• Posted

was thinking all this is peri related xxx

• Posted

oh really, well yes it could be something like that i guess? sounds like your gp is being very helpful to be honest, try not to worry (i know easier said than done my health anxiety is through the roof) if it is that then a guess antibiotics will sort, let me know the results. personally i know anxiety messes with your stomach too its a vicious circle

• Posted

i find it gets worse on a period

and as you said i suffer severe anxiety!

the early wakening with palps are the worst and always feel off balanced awful stuff!!

i am hoping soneome knows bout this test i did today

thing is it has set my anxiety sky high !

i started looking up symptoms and i have them all but then its also peri symptoms too

sooo scared

thank you for replying xxx

• Posted

wonder if anyone else has had this ?

well i wont know till tues omg gunna be a awful weekend

i havent even eaten today as to scared too

just took a diazapam to calm me down xx

• Posted

poor you sending hugs, i had a glass of orange juice earlier which im now paying for with the acid feeling, just about to eat but no appetite again. can you try crackers or something plain. have you tried to meditate? i have a great app called 'insight timer' its really helped with my health anxiety x

• Posted

also this is all part of peri, hormones play a big part in your digestion too, i read alot of woman suffer with digestive issues for months which suddenly disappear

• Posted

thank u so much for replying its really helped me calm down

yes i have read others but when u are in high state of anxiety its soo hard to see the positive side

i am sure all these issues are defo hormones

keep being asked to try anti deppressants but scared to try them

also keep thinking bout hrt

even though i am still having flows

everyday there is a new issues to worry bout

i wish i never called dr now lol

i am sitting here now with like chest pains (not severe) but like unconfortable

i also keep waking crack of dawn 3 or 4 am most mornings awful stuff right !

just scary times xxx

hope your ok and managed to eat

i have defo lost weight too as my appetite is rubbish

my monthlys seem to be getting further apart and worse pms symptoms

sorry lol i could chat forever

its hard also yo get everything in with the dr as u have 10 mins

anyway will defo keep in touch and let you know the outcome of results tues x

can i ask though that have you finished your cycles or still in flow

and wat symptoms have you had

but no worries if the list is too long lol xxx

• Edited

ps

i get the dizzy head too and off balance when i walk

when i did my bloods

it came out with low folic acid and vit d

never have i had all this

wondering if lack of vits are too do with my stomach issue or its just part of menopause

i take 5mg folic acid daily and vit d

wonder if i can take anything else (vitimin wise)

folic acid ??? isnt that b12 or same family

only thought that was for pregnant woman xxx

• Posted

my cycles where quite regular really last few where maybe 24 days apart though lasting two days but litrally half a day heavy bleed then like dark brown bleed the rest. im on femoston 2/10 now (3rd week) & should get a cycle after 4th week its all quite new to me. have so many symptons started with headaches, dizzy spells, aching joints, crushing fatigue, digestive issues, itchy skin, dry eyes, receding gums, burning tongue, low mood, feelings of doom, health anxiety through the roof! google the 66 symptoms of peri pretty sure ive had them all, its so lovely to chat with you & yes i did manage to eat even though had to force it down! ive kept a diary the 8 months which really helps track symptons & put your mind at rest if they come back

• Edited

I've had every stomach test possible. All came back negative. Was tested for h pylori too and it came back negative. I would'nt be surprised if some of your issues really are peri related. Take care of yourself. This is hard!!! xo

• Edited

woow that has really eased my mind !

did u find it hard to burp

its like i have unconfatable chest feeling

and i just cant burp

thank u for kind reply

you guys have really helped me today xxx

• Posted

i was offered patches but then another dr said no dint use them as i am still having montlys

different drs say different things

not heard of your ones ?

i been watching "louise newson "

menopause dr she is amazing but private so no chance

so do you think i am defo menopausal?

i am 48

well 49 nxt week

i just want to feel normal and laugh and socualise like i used to

now i am like a hermet no life just at home doing nothing

i would do anything ti be able to sleep through the night and wake up normal instead of a nervous wreck xxx

• Posted

you sound peri menopausal to me because you still having your cycle, you are menopausal when you havent had a cycle for at least 12 months. the femoston is a tablet. 14 with estrogen & then 14 with estrogen plus progesteron to protect my womb i think my energy levels are slightly better after 3 weeks but can take 3 months to see full benefit. theres lots of different hrt you can take if you still have a cycle, keep researching & dont let the dc fob you off, quality of life is so important but remember you are not alone as you can from this forum! have you downloaded the 'balance' app its another great one with info & other ladies posting stuff on too

• Edited

been offered

mitazapine citrapram prozac and others

but dont wanna take that route as i know my body and drs just say to me "no we saw ur blood tests and your fsh levels are normal but i know my own body

yes they do fob me off x

• Posted

No worries! We have each other on this forum. You sound just like me in your symptoms. Scary, but likely just fluctuating hormones. We are just too sensitive! And it's hard. And other people just don't get it.And yes, about the burping. xo

• Posted

hi again

hope ur all good?

just wanted to ask if u ever get really teary and emotional like the top of the hat ?

also i kept getting like my chest is tight and pressure

last two days

scary xxx

• Posted

really thinking bout maybe a anti deppressant lol tbh

as i feel so anxious day and night just really struggling xxx

wondering if they may help me

or hrt

i was given esterderm 50 mx patches btw

but i know you cant take this on its own

i need progestisn cant spell it !!!

just in two minds wat to take or do !

woke again at 4,30am been up ever since

my eyes bags are awfull and lok like a 90 yr old

my body is sagging like my muscle is gone

awful

sorry just feeling alone today and so confused bout wats happening to me

this time 2 yrs ago i was happy healthy fit working going out all glammed up but now i am a different person like i have been hijacked out of my own body xxxx

• Posted

yes my muscle tone has really gone the few months, also can cry at the drop of a hat too! its all very scary my throat is so sore today from acid & my stomach also just feel very fed up & tired today tight chest etc like you i was fit & healthy two years ago now i dont feel like leaving the house

• Posted

soo sorry hun

i feel exact the same

isnt your hrt helping yet ?

but i think it takes a while to settle i guess bit like anxiety meds

but plz believe me i know how u feel

xxx

• Edited

was gunna say its weird how symptoms change then you start worrying bout that one

first it was my stomach now its like muscle tension and low mood xxx

• Posted

thank you sweetheart, no improvement yet but the doc said to give it at least 3 months sometimes i think hrt has made me feel worse but then at times i start to feel okayish i guess hormones fluctuating daily still xxx

• Posted

hi i got results back from stool sample and it was normal

so dont know where i go from here

yest had weird palps awful soo scary

xxxx

• Posted

thats good news, i think you have peri digestive issues like me! i have a really painful stomach again today with bloating & back ache, no energy, no appetite etc etc i hope one day it all sorts itself out but difficult when everyday seems the same

• Posted

defo

i keep getting palps weird heartbeats scares the life out of me

tbh i was hoping it was a infection as then i can feel better but now i know its not that it worrys me i have omerpazole at chemist waiting but scared to take that now

• Posted

i get these too they are scary infact had them this morning, i try to deep breath through them. try telling yourself its peri & it will pass its a awful time x

• Edited

i joined "balance app"

btw been getting advice if them they are all saying its peri and to give up smoking and the coffee xxx

• Posted

was going to ask you bout the dizzy head

does it feel like u are wearing someone elses glasses lol thats how i get xxx i tend to get my palps nightime and mornings are yours like funny beats or fast beats i get both

• Posted

yes its a great app, makes you understand all these strange symptons which seem to be our new normal, yes i get the glasses thing, feel quite unsteady at times. my palps are a bit of both to be honest i seem to get them during & after i eat which i think is the anxiety of not wanting to eat but forcing myself too but get them at random times all day. i dont smoke, but havent drank coffee for months i cant even stand the smell anymore!

• Posted

they were saying on app bout omazapole tabs cant spell it saying they are not grt but dr prescribed them

worried now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.