Digestive issues since Dec suspecting Gallbladder

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, forgive me in advance if this question has been asking repeatedly. Back in Dec I was returning from a holiday when I started having pain in my stomach that was so severe that I couldn't stand up straight. I almost asked my husband to take me to the hospital. I took some gas meds and it subsided. Ever since then I am having some digestive issues that have progressively gotten worse. After a meal (about and hour or two) My stomach starts to hurt. It's sometimes an ache but other times a sharp pain above the bellybutton. Then I become extremely bloated (looking pregnant), burping starts and indigestion. Sometimes gas meds work, but other times ( like the recent episode last night) doesn't. Sometimes the pain is so bad that the pain radiates up into my breast bone or into my back.. After a few hours it goes away or if I suffer until bedtime like that it is fine in the morning. I am also haivng some constipation issues. At first I thought I had acid reflux so I started to take Omeprazol. It seemed to work pretty good at first, but the problems returned. I even changed my diet to avoid gluten and wheat thinking it could be an intollerance but the problems remain. Last night a coworker of mine suggested that these are actually gallbladder attacks. Do these symptoms sound familiar?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes this sounds familiar. I started about the same time as you in December last year with these problems. I had ultrasound scan which revealed gallstones and I had my gallbladder out 5 weeksago. Although I still have to be careful what I eat (lo fat) I am a lot better than lI was.

I would advise you to have an ultrasound scan and if it reveals gallstones get the wretched gallbladder out as soon as possible, you will feel a lot better.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi Michelle

sorry to hear you are not feeling very well.My pain started last Febuary.Pain in right side under ribs and backache,feeling sick most of the time and not wanting to eat.I also find it hard to bend over to pick things up  and get dressed if it means bending down,I can't lie on my right or left side when in bed as this causes pain.I had ultrascan and it revealed that I had gall stones,I thought great now they know why I'm in so much pain, saw consultant about wheather to have gb removed,he said although I had gall stones he didn't think my pain was because of them but due to my back,so sent me for a MRI which came back ok.So its back again to him to see what he feel we can do next.spoke to my gp last week,he has put me on Omeprazole 20mg twice aday.He thought it would be good to rule out if there was too much acid being made and maybe that was the cause of my pain.Saturday night I was out had small meal and on the way home I was doubled up in pain and only just made it home to use the bathroom.My husband takes this pill for acid reflux and is aways on the loo and has to take pills to stop this.I don't want to take these pills if all there going to do is send me to the loo.I don't know when I will get an appointment to see the consultant as they all go on hoilday in July.Its just a waiting game try this or that and see how you get on.I do hope your gp finds out why you are in so much pain. please feel free to keep in touch

take care

Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.