Dine the most stupid thing!

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's happened again! I stupidly ate takeaway chips and now I'm in pain, it's making my stomach really sore and leaving me with sharp pains and a gurgling stomach. The pain has come and gone in fits and starts since dinner 2.5 hours ago. Help what do I take? Thus does hurt!!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Try drinking some Almond milk.  It calms down my symptoms smile
  • Posted

That pretty much sounds like my symptoms bar a few others but what really helps is a heat on your stomach as it relax the muscles so either a hot water bottle or a bath and try and relax because from my experience stressing about the pain usually just makes it worse, if none of that works try some buscopan it relieves my pain within an hour, I've had all the medication like mebeverine and peppermint oil but buscopan really helps when it gets bad, hope this helps Sam chin up.

• Posted

Thanks very much for all the advice, I tried some really strong ant acid and it has helped a bit! Feeling like I can manage better now.
  • Posted

Take antispasmodics and nurofen.  I used to have nausea and a feeling of wanting to vomit after eating chips before my IBS days. I couldn’t digest the lard they werre cooking them in and so I had to take reduced fat, frozen chips for years. When I had this bad reaction, I drank loads of milk and this settled it eventually.. Then, suddenly,  after years I was able to eat proper chips again.
  • Posted

Buscopan helps me too.
    • Posted

Thanks I will speak to my chemists he's known me for years. I don't take Buscopan and never have but do have Ranitidine that I take, it an ant acid that's really powerful. How long did each episode last for you, i've had this for 48 hours.

• Posted

All my IBS episodes have varied in duration and intensity.  It started off as constant pain every day for three and a half months with varying degrees of pain.   I have had one or two episodes of hours of intense pain that nearly made me vomit and I could only find relief curled up in a ball on the settee or crouched on the bathroom floor with the odd trip to the kitchen to take small sips of milk to fight off the nausea.  Sometimes the pain goes away on its own; if it doesn’t, I take Buscopan in case It ends up in a huge flare up.

Last year I had three days of diarrhoea on holiday with one episode of solling myself  because my Italian neighbour was bossing me and stressing me out.  This year, I have learned to ignore her and anyone else who is unpleasant and just have a good laugh at them in my poems.  This keeps my bowel happy and I have been IBS free for months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.