dinner ideas please

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi guys,

i hate salad, all the cucumber, lettuce, toms i hate it all,

but love my veg and fruit

has any1 got any ideas for dinner,

im all good with breakfast and lunch cos im doing herbalife shakes, which are 217 cals with 6.5g fat, and wow do they keep you going and its all good stuff in them,

im stuck with dinners

ive been looking at those feed your family for a fiver and they all like 23g-32g a serving which is ment to be ur days intake from what ive been reading

heres some of my own suggestions, if any1 can point out if im going wrong then cool

beans on toast

jacket potato with chicken breast

roast chicken with 2 roast potatoes, a fist size of mash and lots of broccoli

pasta with a tomato based sauce with chicken normally

fish (no batter) with new potatoes

any other ideas would help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Im glad somebody's asked this question cause i too am stuck :? ive been having jacket potatoes with the tinned asda macaroni cheese and salad for my evening meal although tonight im having tomato garlic and herb pasta.

Oh the other night i had stir fry which i really enjoy smile but i could do with something a bit more exciting as it can get very boring eating the same stuff all the time .

• Posted

Ive just had a brain wave :idea: lol

Do you know what would be great :!: , if we could get a thread that stays at the top of this forum where members can go in and share with other members their meal's they've had along with how much fat is in that certain meal .

• Posted

Nora...gosh I can see a problem if you don't eat salad! It is something which I couldn't live without. I can't help you very much as I don't eat rice, pasta, or anything which I call 'foreign muck' (sorry)...I cook all my stuff myself....I don't eat ready meals.....when we go off for a day I take a picnic....very few meals out at the moment and I miss that....but it is necessary if I am to keep to this regime.

I didn't use to use baked beans very much but I do now. I find even half a small tin (not the very smallest) on a slice of toast (no butter) is very satisfying. You don't mention eggs.....or an egg. A boiled/poached egg is very satisfying too. I know some folks here can't take an egg - or are afraid to take an egg - if you are afraid of that only take it when you know you'll be at home. The chicken and potato are fine...I take salmon only occasionally...it is so tasty but quite a fatty fish....and if you can find smoked salmon for cooking rather than eating 'raw' ...it is even tastier...Asda seem to have stopped it.

I so miss ice cream at the moment...no ice cream since 1st April...sigh...we don't have Skinny Cow ice cream over in Northern Ireland and most ice cream is just so fatty...if anyone can point me to something low fat I'll be grateful....but I so miss a big whipped ice cream with a flake in it and covered in chocolate vermicelli....more sighs....I shouldn't even mention it...

• Posted

thanks for replies

yes i love eggs but i hate the the yolks which i spose is a good thing cos the yolk is the worst bit, lol

i wish i liked salad but i dont but but doesnt mean i cant have a vegetble salad???

a good tip aswell is to have more protein cos it keeps you fuller for longer (chicken,fish)

instead of having 10 potatoes and chicken breast have 2 chicken breast and 3 potatoes,

• Posted

Sainsbury's do some 'basics' ready meals that are about 200 Calories and 1-12g fat. Just addd veg to make a complete meal.

They are not ideal as high in salt but are good to have in the freezer. I live alone (well have a housemate but he does his own cooking) but I imagine if you are cooking for a family it wouldn't be too much effort to stick one in the oven when cooking for the family.

Trout

currently cheap and lower in fat than salmon but healthy. Wrap in a foil parcel and bake of steam serve with loads of green veg and a couple of new potatoes

Raclette - see previous message - but does involve spending money.

home made veggi curry

passata is great. Chop up veg, add passata, hebs salt and pepper and cook on the hob until the veg are done.

Try quorn products - in the veggi section of the shops. The mince is good to make chilli and the burgers are bearable.

You can probably tell I'm not a fan of salad either.

• Posted

Hi all, what a good idea to have some food ideas. I've just replied to another post about meat options - chicken breast heaped with veg, wrapped in tinfoil and baked in the oven for half an hour - a very simple, delicious ready meal. There's a more detailed description in the other post.

My favourite 'quickie' when there's nothing around and I'm hungry 'now' is spaghetti with some Aldi chilli and red pepper pesto mixed through it - the occasional king prawn added if I have any in the freezer! That's all done in about fifteen minutes, a great filler and tasty too.

Quickie number two is homemade kedgeree - microwaved basmati rice, boiled eggs, smoked haddock, onion, peas/spinach or some other green veg, all cooked up together with some curry powder added. Absolutely gorgeous and (I hope) very healthy. Even my 8yr old likes it!!

Quickie number three is home-made chicken fajitas - chicken breast, peppers, mushrooms, onion or any other veg all cooked up with some fajita seasoning, inside a Healthy Living wrap. Occasionally with low fat creme fraiche, or quite often nothing else added but a simple side salad. Again, a favourite with my son as he can construct his own (if you don't mind mess that is!!)

I hope you like my suggestions!

• Posted

Hi,

I am a pasta fiend,

I have tuna pasta, which is onion, garlic tin of toms with herbs, pepper and a tin of tuna in spring water with wholemeal pasta and a low fat garlic baguette.

Or you could add low fat fresh ravioli with that, I have the veggie option but you can get meat ones.

One of my cheats when I dont have long to cook is a jar of original Ragu, tin of tuna in spring water cooked together then mix your wholemeal pasta in, yummy!

Sasx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.