Disappointing Second Week weigh-in......

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Have had such a good week - perfect in fact. However the dam scales are not showing this. Have only lost 1lb !! I know its OFF non ON but I have worked really hard planning my week so it fits in and I can stick to it.

Hardly eating any fat, most definately not exceeding 30g a day and havent replaced fatty food with any other high calorie food or snacks.

Luckily I am too worried about the side effects to fall off the wagon !! On any other diet I am sure this mornings minimal loss would have sent me off the rails with the \"whats the point\" attitude.

BUT NO............ I will keep on with the tablets and will have another \"good\" week !!

Rant Over !!

Clare

Week 1 - 3lb

Week 2 - 1lb

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

its very normal to loose a lot then a little, some people even plateau for a while but its important to keep going because you will still loose overall and you should also be mindful of inch loss, i found at the points when i didnt loose much in lbs i lost in inches.
  • Posted

I also had a poor weight loss on my second weigh in but then did really well on my third and I think most people go thro highs and lows but it all works out good in the end.

as you say you're going to stick with which is great to hear you cannot let one small weight loss put you off getting to your goal.

• Posted

Thanks Ladies x x

I am still motivated dispite the small loss.......at the end of the day - its a loss. Its just good to have the tablets because I fear the side effects too much to be naughty !!

Hoping it will show next week when I weigh next... smile

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Clare,

Despite sticking to my diet, i found i started off losing slowly (first week nothing, second week 2lb) and it stayed slow all the way through. Since July 09 i've only lost 23lbs. VERY disheartening when you read some of the posts on here where people lost 11lb in the first week etc. Needless to say i took the decision to come off them last Friday, back on weigh watchers and have already lost 3lbs and am only 5 days in.

It does seem to work differently on people, i got fed up with losing minimal amounts, sometimes nothing at all whereby weight seemed to drop off others.

If weight watchers does not work again, i am sadly going to have to come to terms with my weight and learn to live with it and just try and maintain the weight i am. I needed to lose just over 4 stones, i've currently got 2 stone 13lb to go so at least i have lost some of the excess weight.

• Posted

I have been on as long as you have hippo and have lost the same amount, i consider 2st a good achievement, yes some people have lost lots in a short time but what was their start weight, did they have a lot more to loose and will they continue to loose as much. If they're not working for you then its fair enough, good luck in your bid to loose more.
  • Posted

Hi Hippo and Sparkles

Thanks for your comments. I too would agree that 2 stone is a superb loss especially as you dont have masses to lose.

I kind of follow the Slimming World plan, along with the tablets. It jjust gives me a bit of direction.

I just think that last week I was sooooooooooooo perfect and the tablets are great at stopping me fall off the wagon.

Not feeling very motivated today, but I know I will be good because I dont want to risk the side effects. I have a 3 month old baby and we are always out and about at some class/group - I cant afford to be running tooi the toilet !! Or rather, not making it to the toilet.

I will stick with it, I am not going to give up yet........

Thanks All

x x

• Posted

Excellent to hear that you are all losing weight, that's the first thing!

Secondly, please bear in mind that one of things you *should* have discussed with your pharmacist when first buying Alli (or your doctor if you've been prescribed Xenical) is that you should expect a gradual weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week, i.e. a STEADY, SLOW weight loss! It's natural to lose a bit more in your first week, this is normally due to losing excess fluid, but thereafter do not expect to lose vast sums each week, this would be considered more of a 'crash' diet and would not be sustainable over long periods (and you would be less likely to keep the weight off.)

Don't forget your local pharmacist is a valuable 'ally' - see what I did there smile and can give you lots of encouragement and useful tips as well as medically sound advice (not rumour, gossip, or old wives' tales!)

Best wishes and keep it up!

• Posted

Well, thanks !!

My pharmasist/GP didnt tell me anything about the tablets !! Everything I have found out about them has been from this forum - so thank goodness for the nice peole here who are always around to offer advice/tips/motivation.

Its a nice little club to be in smile and beats paying over a fiver going to a slimming club to step on the scales and leave the class !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.