Disc Pain, WorkersComp, Horrible Dr.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok hurt my back really bad at work, two weeks ago. 100% sure i have either a herniated or ruptured Disc. (Been through this with my husband) Problem is it's under workers comp and Dr is refusing to do an MRI or give any type of pain mess. They have me on NSAID, Steroids and Muscle Relaxers and PT 3x a week. I'm miserable. I have to have help to the bathroom. I don't know what to do.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well I know you've been through this with your husband but you can't be 100% sure until you have an MRI and see it. You could feel pretty confident that that's what it is and I think that's what you mean. I am sure it's very frustrating to work with workers compensation I'm glad I never had to but I'm afraid you're going to have to play their little reindeer games. And what they're doing is the protocol which is to start out small and work the way up the ladder. Just be careful with those NSAIDS. They will mess up your stomach so bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.