Discharge question

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had posterier vaginal repair (rectocele) 6 weeks ago and have been healing well with no issues, and minor pain and minor discomfort. I am at the danger point now where I am getting itchy feet inasmuch as I want to do more than I know is wise, this is made worse by the fact that we are selling our house and moving into our motorhome to go travelling Europe for a year of two! My question is this, how long does the discharge usually last? I don't have a lot, but enough that I need to wear panty liners and it is annoying. My post op check up is booked for 4 weeks time. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I suffered a lot of discharge. I think it's all the healing taken place. I think mine had gone by about 7/8wks. I'm now 11 wks and it hasn't returned. That's the stage I hated most. Hope it clears soon for you.

Good luck with you travelling sounds like an amazing opportunity.

• Posted

Thank you Fi, sounds like I am on the right track then... we are looking forward to it, Adventure before Dementia lol

• Posted

Hi Pearl,

My discharge lasted about 5 weeks then when I overdone things had a little more , but I think it does not normally go beyond 7 weeks. Have heard some women having heavier bleeds where their has been older blood from op coming away once more mobile and stitches disolving/ coming away.

Hope you enjoy your touring ; wish I was retired and able to do the same, sounds great fun!

Phyl x☺💖

• Posted

Hm, it does seem to increase if I do overdo it, hard to get the balance just right! At least the bleeding has stopped! 
  • Posted

Hi, I'm on 11 weeks today and until this week was still getting discharge. I went to my GP as thought I had thrush, which seems I did, treating this at the moment and discharge nearly stopped, I think I have probably had it for a few weeks and thought it was just recovery time.

• Posted

Thanks Carolyn, I don't think it is thrush related, no itching, no really unpleasant odour, but I will keep that in mind. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.